View Full Version : Harry Potter 4 movie latest

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Hobbit
August 10th, 2003, 08:25 PM
According to the news in the UK here:

The British director behind Four Weddings and A Funeral will direct the fourth Harry Potter movie.

Mike Newell will be the first Briton to direct the boy wizard when he begins work on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire next April.

The 61-year-old directed gangster movie Donnie Brasco and has just finished the drama Mona Lisa Smile, starring Julia Roberts.

Hobbit

Evil Agent
August 11th, 2003, 12:21 PM
What happened to the talk of a mini-series?

I just don't see how they can make book 4 into a movie without losing a huge amount of it in the process (unless the movie is about 4 or 5 hours long!)

Is Daniel Radcliffe still playing Harry?

Jonzey
August 14th, 2003, 05:41 AM
Yeah, i'd think they'd have to make two movies, and bring them out a few months between eachother. Book four is my favourite one, and I'd hate for the movie to cut out alot of the good parts. And they would have to do that to make a 3 and a half hour movie, at least.

I'm thinking... 2 movies, each 3 hours long :)

And, I hear its been confirmed that all three of the main stars are going to be back for the fourth :)

Darkfire
August 16th, 2003, 08:32 PM
What happened to prisoner of Azkaban?

Jonzey
August 16th, 2003, 09:54 PM
That movie is well under way. It should be out next June or somthing.

Mamb
August 17th, 2003, 03:01 PM
I haven't read harry potter, but I've heard he grows up through the series. Will the cast still fit their characters, or will they grow up too quickly?

Jonzey
August 18th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Well, theres been alot of speculation about that. Personally I think the actors will be fine to continue playing their characters. Most actors play characters that are younger than their own age anyhow.

It would be a major disapointment, if they re-cast the roles tho :( And the young fellow who plays Draco Malfoy has stated that he doesnt wish to act in any more Harry Potter films after The Prisoner of Azkhaban. Which is a shame.

Evil Agent
August 19th, 2003, 11:01 AM
That DOES suck, since he's the perfect Draco.

I've heard that the kid actors are already about a year older than they're supposed to be, so I hope they hurry the hell up and finish making the movies (although Rowling has to finish the books first I suppose). Personally I think it's going to be pretty hard to do it with the same kids, but it's WAY better than re-casting them. I'm already disappointed with the look of the NEW Dumbledore... Anyone else seen him?

Jonzey
August 21st, 2003, 04:34 AM
Oh yes :( the new Dumbledore just doesnt suit, imo.

Here is a pic from a scene in PoA. I assume its the part where Ron gets carried away by Sirius the Dog into the Whomping Willow, while Hermione and Harry try to dodge the whacks from the branches.

http://a799.g.akamai.net/3/799/388/2096e233fe3f49/www.msnbc.com/news/1967804.jpg