PDA

View Full Version : favorite game to book conversions

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Shef
August 12th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Recently the big M has been releasing books that are loosly based on games for Xbox. So it came to me, which of these books do you prefer? One of the hundreds of spin offs for Dungeons and Dragons? White Wolf's Hunter the Reckoning? Diablo II? Halo: Fall of Reach? Battletech? or another mediocre book (series) that pollutes the shelves in Science Fiction and Fantasy sections of your local book store. For me it would have to be the Warrior triligy within the books of Battletech. written by Mike Stackpole. So what is yours?

Twelve
August 12th, 2003, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure if this exactly fits, but it is in the Dungeons and Dragons universe. I really think that The Dark Elf Trilogy is a much better than average work of fantasy writing.

Shef
August 17th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Heh this is the first time I killed a whole forum with a single post. :( :o

Shef
August 17th, 2003, 10:19 PM
*Shef yells HEllo!*

*halo halo halo halo echos back*

Hey does any one feel that the Diablo II novels live up to the various party playing standards set by the game itself? Personally I have never read them but am rather infatuated in the game. So do the books give any additional teasers, backstory or new settings?

Thanks,
Shef

P.S. Seeing as how I am not a mod do you think one of you almighty folks could move this on over to the fantasy or sci-fi boards where it might get some attention?

Duccius
August 18th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Seeing as I am not a mod...

I will just let you know there already is a topic in the fantasy section about book/games conversions. Go and read that.

First rule for a Mod... do your research. :D

Hobbit
August 18th, 2003, 08:42 AM
there already is a topic in the fantasy section about book/games conversions.
Thanks, D - 'tis for that reason Shef the post hasn't been moved..

The easiest way of changing something (which you may not've noticed) is by sending a Mod (usually one of the ones in charge of that particular Forum) a polite private message. That way we can work on it soonest.

The other thing to bear in mind is that the Mods can't do everything straight away (we try, we try...). Please do remember that we work on different time zones here - what is your 'awake time' may not be others... global Forum and all that.

Hobbit

Shef
August 18th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Hehehe Hobbit I know. I just like to politely bug yall you know? I realize it would probably be more efficient and polite if I were to send a pm to keyoke (or Ogg... :-/ ) but I felt like displaying my rakish side to the forum ;). Sorry if I rumpled any feathers.

Duccius I am pretty sure that whenever I left the GD forum back in the day you had the tendency of killing me rather brutally. *Sigh* So I guess I gotta break that habit ehh? :D

MOD in training :D

~Shef~

Macros
August 29th, 2003, 02:37 PM
The only recent one that I've read are the Resident Evil books. Other then that, Nintendo had some books back in the NES days I remember reading. Don't remember much about the stories though other then that one seemed to be based on Castlevania and the other seemed to be based on Ghosts and Goblins. Only problem with that though is that the rights to the games are owned by Konami and Capcom respectively.