View Full Version : Time to go...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

I, Brian
August 19th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Hi all -

Just thought I'd make a public post, stating that - alas - it's time to leave.

I've been a member of two other writers groups - but this was certainly the most colourful, in all the best ways. I love seeing the variety of developing writers - not least in themes, and the way they are tackled.

I can honestly say that I learned some important things at sffworld. I particularly learned to respect those who undertook self-publishing - and the reasons for doing so. I came here a snob about traditional print publishing, but now quite accept that every writer has different aspirations, and that every writer with aspirations deserves respect. At the end of the day I learned properly that a story is told, not simply because it should be told - but because it's fun to tell it. Sometimes on my current path that is hard to remember.

Anyway, I haven't been able to visit for a while - developing my own sites is keeping myself extremely busy. And as my own work in progress moves towards completion I'm readying to make or break.

I know there are some faces here I will miss - and I sincerely hope to greet again. I may be back at some time, but not for a while.

Anyway, feel free to pop in and visit at my own place:

http://www.chronicles-network.net/forum/index.php

However, for the moment at least, farewell for now.

Success to us all. Truly and sincerely.

Brian

Mamb
August 19th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Fare thee well! I wish you every success with Chronicles of Empires. It looks a real magnum opus! :)

Kilroy
August 19th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Sorry to see you leave the boards mate. Live Long and Prosper and all that jazz.

Kilroy Was Here

Hobbit
August 19th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Yes, best wishes, Brian, with the new venture!

Hope all is successful for you.

Hobbit

juzzza
August 19th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Good luck mate, I am sure someone is bound to notice your epic, you are certainly trying every angle and your enthusiasm is incredible...

Make sure you come back and tell us how you are doing.

Juzz

Lucky Joe
August 19th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Good Luck I, Brian.

Keep that confidence exactly where it is and I don't see how you can fail.

Erebus
August 19th, 2003, 08:12 PM
All the best, Brian, and indeed, I wish you great success with your novels.

Cheers, Neil

James Barclay
August 26th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Sad to see you go, I, Brian.

We've had some interesting debates - pop back anytime, of course.

NOM

Tanith
September 7th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Good luck and goodbye for now, Brian. I'll be keeping my eye out for you.

Tanith :)