View Full Version : What do you prefer?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Icemant90
August 21st, 2003, 02:09 PM
Which genre do you prefer to write? I prefer science fiction:D.

Jacquin
August 21st, 2003, 02:31 PM
I would love to be able to write good sci-fi but unfortunately it always sounds like the worst kind of c**p when I try, I usually stick to modern fiction.

J

Holbrook
August 21st, 2003, 03:14 PM
Fantasy, Traditional, Urban and Whimsical. Ghost/supernatural,(Historical or modern setting) Horror (but not your gross out and again modern or historical) Historical Fiction.

Can't write SF, ok I have tried with HE and Scarlett, but I am the passenger there. It is not my type of writing.

Gallowglass
August 21st, 2003, 11:41 PM
I write science fiction, science fantasy and fantasy - usually mysteries, adventures, comedy and military kinds. Lots of fun!

One of my boggles has been working out just what would be in an xt's survival kit. Civilian model, not military. :cool:

At times I've found myself lecturing people on starship construction and what should be packed away on a colony ship heading towards a new world. And why it never pays to make fun of sig lines. :D

milamber_reborn
August 21st, 2003, 11:44 PM
Fantasy is my forte. My good friend refuses to read most of my fantasy short stories - they're too slow paced for him, but he really likes my sc-fi and my one general fiction attempt.

Fantasy ideas come naturally to me; good sci-fi comes to me only once in a while but turn out to be among my most compelling stories.

Lucky Joe
August 22nd, 2003, 06:21 AM
My first book was Sci-fi, the one I'm working on now is fantasy, but I'd like to try my hand at all sorts of fiction.

juzzza
August 22nd, 2003, 08:34 AM
I write fantasy, horror, slipstream, crime and had a shot at spec fic most recently.

Cephus
August 22nd, 2003, 12:45 PM
I do strictly science fiction, tending toward hard SF. Can't stand reading fantasy so certainly wouldn't write it.

satisverborum20
August 22nd, 2003, 03:34 PM
I always get the highest grade in scienca at school. I write both science fiction and fantasy. Sometimes I lean towards other stories (with no magic and stuff).

Sammie
August 22nd, 2003, 06:12 PM
Sci fi short stories and fantasy novel-length. Not that i've ever completed one of the latter :rolleyes:.