PDA

View Full Version : What DVD should I buy?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Dallandra
August 26th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Hi, I have a real problem here!

I really want a new dvd to watch but I don't know what to buy!

Give me some advice!!

Evil Agent
August 26th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Umm... how can we give advice on that? There's about 3000 good DVD's out there!!!

Well, if I must, BUY LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS, it just came out today.

Hobbit
August 26th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Would second that, Dall......

but once you've got that one, what else?

Might be an idea to give us some choices to work from, that you'd really like.

Hobbit

Dominus
August 26th, 2003, 12:56 PM
I'm waiting, very painful though it is, for the extended version of TTT.

Dallandra, I think I will start up where Evil left off, that is an unanswerable question! You need to give some more information if we are even able to make suggestions for you. Action? Romance? Sci-fi? A little of this, a little of that? You make me laugh. :D

Ogier
August 26th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Just one thing about the LotR TTT... It hasn't come out in Finland yet, though you can order it if you really want it. And btw, I'm waiting for the extended version, too.

Hobbit
August 26th, 2003, 01:53 PM
OOps... sorry Ogier.... I thought it was a global release today, to reduce all those pirate copies that usually appear.

Thanks for the update!

Hobbit

Ogier
August 26th, 2003, 02:12 PM
A global release? Didn't know that... At least I haven't heard that it would've been published yet. And one of my friends said so, too. But even though, it probably won't be long until they publish it (if it hasn't been yet...).

Ogier,
a bit unsure

Hobbit
August 26th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Well, a retailer's view of 'global' can be different from how the rest of us see it! :D

Guess we'll have to get people like Dall to let us know if it is available yet.

Hobbit

kegasaurus
August 26th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Simon Birch

Evil Agent
August 26th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Any of the DVD's in Juzza's "Fantasy Movie List" thread.

Particularly: Conan the Barbarian, Braveheart, Harry Potter 1 or 2, any Star Wars movie, Total Recall, Terminator, Willow, Labyrinth, The Neverending Story, The Princess Bride, The Dark Crystal, and 1000's more. Those are just a few of the Fantasy/Sci-Fi choices I would recommend.