PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the title of this book?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

deaditeash
August 26th, 2003, 09:44 AM
Hello there,

I am new to the forum but I have been trying to track down this book for many years but I cannot remember the title or author. Maybe someone has read it here? The general story is that a handful of modern day scientists are picked to do research/live/work in a state of the art bio-dome in the southwest somewhere - the bio-dome is a test model for possible future use on other planets I think if I remember correctly. Anyways, the group of scientists are locked in for a period of time like a few months or something but then I think something happens outside (in the real world) resulting in the scientists having to take a stab at actually living in the bio-dome indefinitely or something like that - anyone know the title from my poorly remembered synopsis??? What else - I am fairly positive the book cover was predominantly blue in color and it had a picture of the silver/steel looking bio-dome on it...

lemming
August 26th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Sounds very Biosphere II, to me. I wonder if any (nonfiction) Biosphere II sites would say something like "and this work inspired the SF book..."

A (very) quick search on "Biosphere II" "science fiction" didn't give me much, however. Sorry.

confused
August 27th, 2003, 09:22 AM
I doubt if this is the book you're looking for, but Bruce Sterling did write a book which involved a biodome in the US. It was called Distraction, and wasn't bad. I particularly remember how a political organiser really enjoyed introducing politics to scientists, because they were the first group he had encountered that would actually read texts, rather than just look at images.