PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Extended Cinema Releases?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Hobbit
August 27th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Here's an interesting one, I found today - from Variety Magazine:

'Starting the week of Dec. 5, the extended DVD cut of Fellowship of the Ring will be released in some 100 or so theaters in the U.S. and in 20 theaters in Canada. The week of Dec. 12, the sequel Two Towers will screen, leading up to a worldwide Dec. 16 daylong marathon during which all three films will be shown back to back.

Lucky lucky people. Start buying those big cushions!

(When can we see the European equivalent? ) :)

Hobbit

Lifino
August 27th, 2003, 07:00 PM
So on the 16th will they be showing the extended version of all three? That'd be pretty cool to see the extended version of a movie, the first time you see it, on opening day, and at the theaters...

I'll have to watch the local listings and see if this is something I'd want to do... Big down side is eating all that crap they call food at the theaters... In highschool I could do the 24 & 48 film fests, but doubt I'm up to even a 10-12 hour these days!

-Silas

Hobbit
August 27th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Actually, Lif, the way I read it (and how Science Fiction Weekly have reported it), was that it would be the extended version of Fellowship and the extended version of Two Towers but not the extended Return - that'll be a way off yet. :(

Still that's what - 10 hours, back to back?

Jackson has always said that his wish is to see the whole thing as one film.... may yet happen! :)

Hobbit