PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read Ender Saga by orson scott card?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Shenlok
August 29th, 2003, 04:33 PM
I read enders game and that just got me hooked. I have read the complete ender saga and am on book 3 of the shadow saga: shadow puppets. Anyone else read these books? if so, did you enjoy them or did you hate them?

Gildor
August 30th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Hmmmmmmm...
Well having only read the first one. I suppose i should read the rest of the series, i will eventually get round to it :)

Mimir
September 12th, 2003, 06:37 AM
I've read the first three; Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead and Xenocide. Didn't know there's more, actually, before now that I googled for the series.

I liked them, especially Ender's opponent in Xenocide really scared me. That chinese girl, if I remember correctly. Her motives seemed so... right, so I couldn't be certain that "the good" would win in the end.

I think I'll have to read those again. My memories are becoming pretty vague.

Stewart
September 12th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Ender's Game, best book ever.
Speaker for the Dead, really good.
Xenocide, far too preachy.
Children of the Mind, even worse.

The first too were great, the last too blew the big one.

Paulie
September 13th, 2003, 09:05 AM
The Ender series does seem to deteriorate much as Stewart says: everything after Speaker for the Dead (which is great) seems to tie itself in knots - the story of each novel is not strong enough to stand on its own. It feels like an author sticking with a popular series, even though his heart is not wholly in his work.