View Full Version : Coupling

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Keziah
September 7th, 2003, 04:20 AM
Any one else a fan of this fabulous British comedy?
If you haven't seen it then i recomend that you do. A friend showed it to me a couple of months ago and it had me rolling around on the floor in fits of laughter.

Some Jeff (imo by far the funiest character in the show) quotes -

"Women remember, Steve. It's like they've got minds of their own."

"Do you know what would be the best way to wipe out all of human kind if you were a space alien with a special kind of mind ray? Make all women telepathic. Because if they suddenly found out about the kind of stuff that goes on in our heads they would kill us all on the spot. Men are not people - we are disgustoids in human form. "

"Maybe women are completely different when we're not with them. Maybe they're not cross all the time."

And anyone seen the pilot for the American remake? i've seen bits of it and i must say, not to keen on the idea.

Nevyn
September 7th, 2003, 07:17 AM
I watch , I laugh and almost wet sometimes . IMO it's about the funniest show on the box . Can't say I'd be too keen on an American version either , different SOH altogether !

Lifino
September 7th, 2003, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I've seen the adverts for the U.S. version. It doesn't look all that good. But maybe they are just marketing it in the wrong way - probably just writing it all wrong though... It is a decent foundation for a funny show, good to hear it started out that way...

I'm also disappointed about a show that's coming out this season that is totaly a rip-off of that movie, BIRDCAGE (http://imdb.com/title/tt0115685/) The one with Robbin Williams and Nathan Lane. BUT, even in the commercials where they are trying to make it look like a good show, it looks TOTALY lame...

American Mainstream T.V. needs to get some original ideas, and try to execute them well...

Dominus
September 7th, 2003, 01:40 PM
I'm with Lif, I had know idea about it being a remake from a Brit show, but anyway, it seemed to me like it was just an attempt by NBC? CBS? (I don't remember) to try and appeal to Sex and the City audience. Whatever, I'll watch it and see if it's any good.

Dallandra
September 8th, 2003, 02:31 AM
It's great, it's one of the funniest British comedy show I've seen!

Kaz
September 9th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Why would the Americans go & do a remake of Coupling? It's a brilliant comedy as it is and there is no way the yanks could get that same sort of whacky, dry Brit humour to come across convincingly.

I much prefer Brit comedies to the tired old slapstick ones we see all the time. Coupling & My Family are some of my faves.

Lifino
September 9th, 2003, 11:59 AM
It doesn't seem like they are going for dry humor here. More of a slutty hooking-up type of cheese factor. If I follow the commercials all cast members will sleep with all the other cast regardless of gender, color, religion, weight, etc. I'm sure at the end of the season they will do that whole 7-degrees of seperation thing where they go around the circle and tie all the connections...

Just what we need the American youth watching on tuesday night!

Hungry Jo
September 9th, 2003, 05:39 PM
from what I've heard for the US version the scripts are pretty much unchanged, they just recast all the charecters and filmed it again.

I may be wrong though :)

Apprently it's being marketed as being really raunchy because they want to distinguish from Friends.

Dallandra
September 10th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
Why would the Americans go & do a remake of Coupling? It's a brilliant comedy as it is and there is no way the yanks could get that same sort of whacky, dry Brit humour to come across convincingly.

I much prefer Brit comedies to the tired old slapstick ones we see all the time. Coupling & My Family are some of my faves.

Oh, My Family is good to!! They show it at the same time as some other show I used to watch so I haven't been able to see as many episodes as I would have liked to!:mad:

Wesleycl
September 24th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Coupling is one of my all time fav's, love it.

I dreed to think what American TV will do to it, they destroyed a number of other shows, which they bought from the BBC, lets hope that they do a better job.