PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who - Next Monday on ABC (Australia)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

AlienLogic
September 9th, 2003, 04:44 AM
For any Dr Who fans in Australia the ABC is showing the first series of Doctor Who weeknights at 6:00 pm starting next Monday.

I'm looking forward to watching it as I never saw much of the first Dr. I mainly watch when the Dr was Jon Pertwee or Tom Baker.

Nevyn
September 9th, 2003, 06:02 AM
Gee I won't even have to change the channel ;) (ABC Kids)

Hobbit
September 9th, 2003, 11:23 AM
It is (or will be soon) the 40th anniversary of the good Doctor.

Hope that it is all you expect it to be.

They've been showing them on UK Gold on satellite and cable here in the UK for a while now, but tend to show them from Jon Pertwee onwards. (There's very few Patrick Troughton around, sadly).

The rest I tend to have seen on video or DVD now.

What they can do now in terms of restoration is amazing. I bought recently The Dalek Invasion of Earth on DVD (early William Hartnell) where they have not only got rid of most of the 'fuzziness' created by the original low resolution TV but you can watch it with the wobbly 1960's effects (flying saucer etc) or with those replaced by whizzo new CGI versions.

Some of them have dated rather badly, though like all these things, if one story doesn't impress, try the next one!

Hobbit

milamber_reborn
September 9th, 2003, 11:12 PM
As a huge fan i say - IT'S BLOODY ABOUT TIME!

If they're dedicated to showing the entire series, it'll take quite a few years.

They used to show Tom Baker all the time, plus Sylvester McCoy in the late eighties when I was a young child. I'd like to see some Colin Baker, just because I've seen him the least.

Anyone going to watch the webcasts of the Shada remake (with Paul McGann) or the new animated story (with a 9th Doctor, Richard E. Grant - shown below)?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/news/images/grant.jpg

Stark Direwolf
September 14th, 2003, 08:57 AM
cool, i gotta make a note to remind myself