View Full Version : Dresden Files

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Bastard
March 20th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Just a reminder, Changes is coming out in a couple of weeks. For those that are interested on a sneak-peek, the first 3 chapters have been posted here:
http://jim-butcher.com/books/dresden/12/fullpreview.php

The 4th should be posted next Tuesday if not mistaken.

SusF
March 21st, 2010, 09:19 AM
Can't wait! I have my pre-order in at Amazon. It'll show up in my Kindle sometime that day, I suppose. I haven't done a pre-order on Kindle yet.

I'm not going to read the sample chapters because then I'd just have to start over on the day.

Bastard
March 21st, 2010, 12:49 PM
Can't wait! I have my pre-order in at Amazon. It'll show up in my Kindle sometime that day, I suppose. I haven't done a pre-order on Kindle yet.

I'm not going to read the sample chapters because then I'd just have to start over on the day.
Dresden reads so fast that you shouldn't have a problem doing it.

Hobbit
March 21st, 2010, 01:43 PM
And I was pleased to see that on the UK hardback edition there's a quote from SFFWorld.

Don't know about the US edition though: haven't seen it yet.

Mark

Bastard
March 23rd, 2010, 09:55 AM
And I was pleased to see that on the UK hardback edition there's a quote from SFFWorld.

Don't know about the US edition though: haven't seen it yet.

Mark
Chapter 4 is up, and it's pretty awesome I think. Can't wait for the book to come.

Bastard
April 5th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order. Your order is being shipped and cannot be changed
by you or by our customer service department.

I'm ready. Who else is? And just noticed that the priced dropped to $9.99 (plus shipping), so nice surprise for me there.

SusF
April 7th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Since there's an arguement over the eBook rights, my pre-order got cancelled. So I used my audible.com credit and bought a copy there. I've gotten to chapter 7 so far.

This one is going to be really interesting (in the Chinese curse sort of way). So far I love it.

Best thing about having it in audio format is I can listen to the book while I'm at work whereas I couldn't be reading. I bet I'll be done with the book this evening.

Blind
April 7th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I read Changes already and I have to say it was one of the best ones so far if not the best outright. It brings in the vampire war, problems in the white council, family revelations,Mab, and a police investigation in a story about 1 big objective.

Hyperstorm
April 7th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I read Changes already and I have to say it was one of the best ones so far if not the best outright. It brings in the vampire war, problems in the white council, family revelations,Mab, and a police investigation in a story about 1 big objective.

Finished CHANGES yesterday & gotta second Blind here, this book is possibly the best in the series, has quite a lot of plot twists which showcase far and wide consequences for Harry Dresden's future through his actions.

Mihir

SusF
April 7th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I just finished it. Wow. I can't wait for the next one now. What in the world could happen after this?