View Full Version : Dresden Files

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23

Alle
April 23rd, 2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah, AFTERMATH wont probably give us the entire story but it might give us some idea as to status of the person involved and also I'm not sure about this but I read somewhere that Jim Butcher has also revealed the 1st line of AFTERMATH, which is something to the tune of "I can't believe he's dead"

Mihir

Yikes! October is so far away. :-( And... I can't - and don't - believe he's dead either. But still...what an ending!

Bastard
July 1st, 2010, 10:40 PM
Cover and title for the next Dresden:

Ghost Story

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/2001/gscoverlg.jpg

Side Jobs will be released in October 26 and it'll contain:

"Restoration of Faith"
"Vignette"
"Something Borrowed" -- from My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding
"It's My Birthday Too" -- from Many Bloody Returns
"Heorot" -- from My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
"Day Off" -- from Blood Lite
Backup -- novelette from Thomas' POV, originally published by Subterranean Press
The Warrior -- novelette from Mean Streets
"Last Call" -- from Strange Brew
"Love Hurts" -- from Songs of Love and Death
Aftermath -- post-Changes novelette from Murphy's POV, EXCLUSIVE to this anthology!
http://www.jim-butcher.com/news/000376.php

There's also Dark and Stormy Knights which will be released this month and it'll contain a short story called "Even Hand" which will be a John Marcone POV.

ChrisW
July 1st, 2010, 11:35 PM
umm who the heck is Philip Marlowe? Other than that nice cover.

expatrie
July 1st, 2010, 11:45 PM
Try using a search engine.

And on an unrelated note that's actually on topic--look at the title of the next book. Yeah, you know how Changes ends.

ChrisW
July 1st, 2010, 11:58 PM
Given the name is on a Dresden Files book and the title of this thread is Dresden Files, care to explain how it's not on topic?

Hobbit
July 2nd, 2010, 02:00 AM
who the heck is Philip Marlowe?

Philp Marlowe is the hard-boiled detective character created by Raymond Chandler. Originally written in the 1930's/40's (The Big Sleep, The Long Goodbye.) He is often seen as the template for most hard-done-to detectives.

Agreed, though: nice cover, B.

Mark

ChrisW
July 2nd, 2010, 04:12 AM
Curious would most USA people know who both Buffy and Marlowe are?

Thanks Hobbit:).

Alle
July 2nd, 2010, 04:02 PM

Don't know about 'most' but lots would know, I should think.

I never was a huge fan of the Dresden Covers, but as far as they go, this is a nice addition to them. I cannot wait for this book now! *sigh*

expatrie
July 2nd, 2010, 11:27 PM
I have to disagree with you, FicusFan. Harry Dresden's character has evolved quite a bit in the last two novels which has added needed complexity to prevent him from becoming stale and predictable.

Of course he can't die ...

Heh. Classic.

I know, I know, taken like five years out of context, but still. I started reading from the top now and I couldn't resist.

Caught up now. Someone mentioned potions are gone from the books of late. Wasn't there a potion used somewhere in Changes? Like some kind of half-flying potion? And Molly does some potions, that's how she keeps changing her hair color. I guess magical hair-dye potions.

Where'd I read that? Somewhere after Proven Guilty, I'm sure, having to deal with Molly's basic skill stuff--Harry's had to review a lot of stuff like potions and so on because Molly's natural skills are in different areas. I thought Harry was never very good at potions as they always seemed to make things more... awful.

And I have to say, my favorite part of Small Favor was the gruffs. "My big brother is going to kill you." And the donut. And I read Dead Beat as fast as I could because I knew Sue was going to come back. Well, I was praying she would, at least.

Hope I'm being cryptic enough.

People -- if you're following the novels and not reading the stories in the anthologies, you need to read them. Go to the store and read them in the store if you have to. Particularly you need to read the big fat supernatural birthday story before finishing Changes.

txshusker
July 3rd, 2010, 12:56 AM

I hope so. You might have to be older than 25 and enjoy old movies for Marlowe. Humphrey Bogart at his best. But much more straight forward and less annoying than Dresden.