View Full Version : Dresden Files

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

rune
June 7th, 2004, 02:34 PM
I recently finished Summer Knight and I felt it's been the read so far in this series. I am thoroughly enjoying this series anyhow, but this instalment was brilliant :D
I think Butcher is getting better at filtering Harry Dresden's dry humour into the storyline, even during dire circumstances :cool:

Iskaral Pust
June 7th, 2004, 02:50 PM
So, a good plot then? A couple of "It was you!!!" moments?
Sounds like I'll definately have to pick these up, nothing I enjoy more than stunning revelations.

rune
June 8th, 2004, 06:10 AM
If you get to read the books I would be interested in what you think of them :)
This series doesnt seem to get mentioned very often and yet I think it's been one of the most entertaining series I've read recently :D

rune
June 29th, 2004, 04:58 PM
I managed to get Death Mask read a couple of weeks ago and forgot to post my thoughts on it.

Compared to the previous boo in the series this one is much grittier. Harry seems to be making more powerful enemies and gets caught up in a duel with a powerful Red Court Vampire and has to face the Fallen demons whilst searching for the Shroud of Turin. I got sucked into the parallel story lines and found it they kept the pace flowing :D
It was good to see Susan again, she brought a nice sexual tension and love interest back into the plot for the main character. As always Butcher includes some interesting magic, with a dash of Harry's dry humour, but this book felt more serious that the previous ones, giving the story a tense fast pace feel. It always amazes me how much information is squeezed into these books without slowing the pace, it just blends in seemlessly and makes me wish a lot more authors would follow his example :D

rune
August 11th, 2004, 03:04 PM
This author is best known for the Dresden Files series :) , Which I love.

But has anyone got Furies of Calderon the first book in his new series called Codex Alera.

brightcrow
August 11th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Fitz, the link just takes me to a redirect for the site. :( :( Is it me or the site?

Rob B
August 11th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Fixed (http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6067&highlight=Dresden) above.

FicusFan
August 11th, 2004, 09:48 PM
This author is best known for the Dresden Files series :) , Which I love.

But has anyone got Furies of Calderon the first book in his new series called Codex Alera.

It is not published yet Rune. At least not in the US, don't know if it is one of those that come out earlier overseas. It is scheduled here for October 5th, and will come out in HC.

Fitz, is there a post missing ? Because there is a post to you saying the link sends you back somewhere - but no post that it could be referring to? You did post after it saying Fixed, but when I click on it, a page comes up saying that page can't be found/displayed ?

brightcrow
August 11th, 2004, 10:32 PM
He just stuck an extra http://url= at the beginning, you can edit it out on your browser.

FicusFan
August 11th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Thanks it did work, but I had already been to that thread :rolleyes:
I thought it was an interview or something. Never mind.