SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23

hawkwind
August 30th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Re Changes

I suspect Harry's death was Butcher's way to let him escape the Winter Knight service as it would have been too restrictive for his character development and the plot of the next 10 books.

You may be right but I don't think so. I think the only way for him not to die would be the intervention of either Mab or his Fairy Godmother (forgot the name. Liand or something like that). What I think is that he will be saved by either one of those and part of the book will be him trying to get out of being the White Night(hes pretty resourceful that way). While the title of the next book is Ghost Stories I believe thats because all his friends will think him dead.

Siberian
August 30th, 2010, 02:53 PM
You may be right but I don't think so. I think the only way for him not to die would be the intervention of either Mab or his Fairy Godmother (forgot the name. Liand or something like that). What I think is that he will be saved by either one of those and part of the book will be him trying to get out of being the White Night(hes pretty resourceful that way). While the title of the next book is Ghost Stories I believe thats because all his friends will think him dead.

I doubt that faeries can resurrect the dead. I think the title of the next novel is literal and Harry is going to be a real ghost. The question is, how is going to get back to begin alive. My money is on the necromancers (one of them did it before). If he technically dies than the Winter Knight powers go back to Mab - this seems a more elegant solution than breaking out of the contract. I think that guy who can speak with the dead is going to play a part as well. And maybe even Mavra.

Bastard
August 30th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I don't think Harry is going to get away from his Winter Knight service, at least not this soon. In fact, I think it was Mab's voice he heard at the end of the book. Harry will get away from being a Winter Knight at some point, but it'll be through the usual Fey deal

Siberian
August 30th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Yes, god yes, the first books are fine, but its book 3 that really kicks the series into gear and looses the monster of the month vibe I was beginning to think would continue throughout.

I agree, the first two were enjoyable to but didn't impress me much. Only with book too it starts to come together. It's as if Jim didn't know at first what direction it was going to take, what was White Council about, what Susan's role was and so on.

beniowa
August 30th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Which has been your favourite books so far?

My favorite books so far have are Dead Beat and Proven Guilty. Changes is probably right behind them depending on how the cliffhanger works out.

This is one of my favorite series and I've definitely enjoyed what Butcher has done so far.

Arkeus
August 30th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I don't think Harry is going to get away from his Winter Knight service, at least not this soon. In fact, I think it was Mab's voice he heard at the end of the book. Harry will get away from being a Winter Knight at some point, but it'll be through the usual Fey deal

keep in mind that Harry asked for the help of Odin at the beginning of the book, and it wouldn't surprise me if his death would turn him into a eijinhart or however that's spelled

Ornery Wyvern
August 30th, 2010, 07:59 PM
If I had to pic a favorite I think I'd go Dead Beat, which is just fabulously fun, but I am also very partial to Turn Coat, and well all of 'em really, lol.

rune
August 31st, 2010, 05:58 AM
Interesting to see folk's ideas of how Harry may possibly come back as living.
I think Odin did something - I'm hoping so.
I can't see harry's character working well as a ghost

hawkwind
August 31st, 2010, 11:23 AM
I think everybody is assuming he actually died. I believe he is saved before he dies. Mab is the most likely savior because I am sure she has been keeping tabs on Harry. I also wouldn't put it past her to be the one responsible for him getting shot. Basically to break the ties with his friends.

Bastard
August 31st, 2010, 11:36 AM
Who do you guys think killed Harry? Or was it mentioned, don't remember now... if not, I have a feeling someone contracted Kincaid, and if so I wonder how Ivy will feel about it, and Murphy for that matter.