View Full Version : Dresden Files

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Scott Bakker
June 10th, 2005, 01:49 PM
What do you expect, you are Canadian. Besides, have you seen how Stover talks about his guns?

Exactly, Canadian... There's a reason why most American parents won't let their kids watch hockey, you know. I could kick all your asses if I knew how to fight.

As for the other thing... *gulp*

(I forgot).

Jay_T
June 10th, 2005, 01:53 PM
We actually have a policy here that negative personal comments about authors or other members are not allowed.

Besides the Goodkind forum...we are afterall, only human.

Sell Sword
June 11th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Sure, tippytoe around that Stover guy, but Bakker, hey, stomp all over him! :p

I'll be your fawning, sycophant fan-boy! :o

KatG
June 11th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Small reminder -- this thread is about the Dresden Files, folks, let's move back to that. We can trash Scott in his own forum. :)

Keyoke
June 11th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Well..

I read the first Dresden novel, and I was pleasantly susprised. I knew that it'd be a alright book, but, I really did enjoy it. The plot in this book was overly complicated, and their wasnt any huge susprises. But, from what I heard, the series definitely heats up.

Looking forward to the rest. :)

sic's mom
April 4th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Just had to resurrect this thread just a bit. Just finished the new one "White Night" and like all the others in the series I loved it. The action is there as always as is Harry's humor. There were a few doors left open and can't wait to see what Butcher does with them. For a series that has nine books in it now I can say that this one hasn't dissapointed me yet. Now I probably only have a year to wait for the next one. I really hate the fact that I can read so quickly.

Kailana
April 4th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I just recently read the first one in this series. I wanted to read book two but the bookstores around here don't have any but the newest one. I have to wait until I order books online again, but I always tend to spend more money than I set out, so I am holding off. Overall, it was an interesting read. I am glad to hear that the series retains its appeal. :)

ezchaos
April 5th, 2007, 08:03 AM
I've been reading the Dresden books off and on over the past three months. Since they're so good, IMO, and easy to read, I went through the first five books without reading anything else. I want this series to last so I took a break in between books six and seven.

What I like the most about this series is the sheer amount of supernatural stuff. When you think you've seen it all, Butcher throws in something else.

Wulfa_Jones
April 8th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Really looking forward to reading White Night, I've got a bit of a back log of books at the moment (including a couple given as gifts - so I have to read them), so I'm having to wait a few weeks (maybe a bit more as one of the books is the epic looking Glass Books of the Dream Eaters).

I'm wondering, having watched the TV, if it'll effect my preceptions of the characters - how I see and hear them in my minds eye.

I love the books, I started reading them a couple of years ago and ended up reading the first 6 in a row. I think the development of the characters, the world and the story have been fantastic - the theory that Dresden came up with at the end of Dead Beat is quite exciting.

ezchaos
April 9th, 2007, 08:14 AM
I'm wondering, having watched the TV, if it'll effect my preceptions of the characters - how I see and hear them in my minds eye. I

I hurried and started reading the series before the TV show started and I'm glad I did. Not that I think the TV version is bad. IMO, it just doesn't live up to the books.