PDA

View Full Version : Critique needed

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

pdb
September 12th, 2003, 06:13 PM
I have just finished my first fantasy short and was wondering if any of you good people would be so kind as to take a look at it for me.

If you would like a copy just fire me an email and I'll send you a copy.

The story is a little over 5k words:

A man is caught cheating at cards and is forced into making amends, on pain of death. However, when he is forced to make a special delivery, things go terribly wrong.

A simple tale of revenge.

Thanks in advance

pd

pdb
September 13th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Well, wow what a response, not a single taker:mad:

I'll take that as a no then shall I:mad:

So much for the friendly, helpful forum.

kegasaurus
September 13th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Send it here your angriness. My email will be in your Pm.

Bracken
September 13th, 2003, 03:20 PM
pdb - how many critiques have you given? If none, why do you expect something in return for nothing?

I don't think this 'friendly, helpful forum' should give any help to people who demand things on tap, and expect immediate results.

Even if you have helped out in the past, you should realise that an angry tone from you does not encourage friendliness.

pdb
September 13th, 2003, 03:41 PM
So much for the friendly, helpful forum.

:o , proven wrong already. Sorry about that, first time nerves. I would go edit it out but I deserve the public shaming.

Kegasaurus, thanks I have sent you a copy, I hope you like it, but be honest either way:)

Braken, in a previous post I asked how to go about getting critique and was advised to simply ask, I did. In the space of almost a whole day I didn't recieve a single reply, not even a no. As for not having done any critiques, well look how long I have been here, I have not had the chance yet, though I have given feedback to some of the shorts posted on this site. You seem to suggest a catch 22 community, where no one will scratch my back until I've scratched someone else. I don't believe that is the case so I will apologise for my foot stamping, just put it down to first time enthusiasm.

pd

Hope
September 15th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Hi P
Could you send me a copy please? (athanos2001@yahoo.dk) Sorry I do this the wrong way but I just got into posting a reply and I can't get out unless I write something.
I just want you to know that you are not the only one out there. I, for example, have never finished a story, although I'm working on several more than I ought to. But I use this forum for inspiration and to get courage to continue. I'm glad you've found it too, and I Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
Well, see you.
Hope.

KATS
September 15th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by pdb
In the space of almost a whole day I didn't recieve a single reply, not even a no.

Just wanted to point out that your original post was on a Friday, and often people have weekend plans - which include Fridays. The writing forum isn't exactly jumping on weekends. Truth be told, even during the week one day isn't that long. Many people, myself included just don't check the boards every day.

So, please be patient.

Originally posted by pdb
As for not having done any critiques, well look how long I have been here, I have not had the chance yet, though I have given feedback to some of the shorts posted on this site. You seem to suggest a catch 22 community, where no one will scratch my back until I've scratched someone else.

This isn't a forum rule, but instead common courtesy. I believe Bracken was more referring to your impatience and misplaced anger than any type of catch 22.

That being said, I would be happy to give a bit of a critique. I may not be able to read the entire manuscript as my time is limited. Be forewarned though, I am brutally honest and give detailed feedback. I figure if you ask for advice you want more than a pat on the back. If you are still interested, send it to me at My E-Mail Address (kastotler@mchsi.com) .