PDA

View Full Version : Does Gandalf in the LOTR Films turn anyone else on??

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ickle Lulu
September 15th, 2003, 03:53 AM
hmmmmmmm, does anyone else think that at some points in the LOTR films, Gandalf can seem incredibly, sexy, in a way! That bit in FOTR, where he's standing on the bridge of Moria and the Balrog is advancing towards him and he shouts "You shall not pass!" and slams his staff on the bridge - WOW! - I love him then!

yeah, i know, maybe it's just me having strange and dodgy fantasies - but just wondering if anyone else can see the attraction?!

Kaz
September 15th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Um...........no, he does nothing for me, as a matter of fact I think I could fantasise more about Treebeard or one of the Orcs ;)

Dominus
September 15th, 2003, 09:52 AM
That's weird, I was just kissing my Gandalf poster in my bed before I got here, how strange! No, I'm just kidding, he didn't turn me on at all.......me being straight and the fact he's 3 times as old as me being major factors. And any girls who do think he's hot, sorry, he really is gay. :D

Vladimir
September 15th, 2003, 11:58 AM
:eek:

Shehzad
September 15th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Ickle Lulu
yeah, i know, maybe it's just me having strange and dodgy fantasies - but just wondering if anyone else can see the attraction?!

Its probably you...

*considers growing beard and becoming a powerful wizard....*

Evil Agent
September 15th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Sir Ian McKellen IS gay, but it's cool how non-gay he can make a character appear to be. The last thing I think when I'm watching Gandalf is that he likes men!

Otherwise, of course the character of Gandalf is strong and powerful, and that could be interepreted as sexy.... To me it's more a wise and kindly feeling I get from him.

If you're going to be turned on by someone in LOTR, why not one of the other guys? Legolas, Aragorn, even Haldir or Celeborn or Eomer or even Theoden..... What about Saruman? He's a "bad boy" isn't he?

Personally I like Galadriel the best, followed by Eowyn and then Arwen. But they're the only 3 girls anyway.

AuntiePam
September 15th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Ickle, I think it was the show of power. It's very stimulating.

Think of all the scenes in all the movies where someone drew themselves up, strapped on the gunbelt, put on the armor, polished the sword, loaded the cannon, started the engine, swirled the cape and started kicking butt -- it's a turn-on, no matter how old the warrior might be.

Hobbit
September 15th, 2003, 01:48 PM
This is a scary thread...... Ickle, you should be ashamed! :o

To paraphrase one of the Batman movies.... "It's the beard, right? Chicks love the beard....." :D

Having said that - old, wise, kind, compassionate, knowledgable.... I can see why people might fancy him! :D :)

Not that old Gandalf would be involved in anything naughty... no!
(Far too sensible for that....give him a copy of Wizards Weekly and a pile of books instead and he'll be happy. :D )

(Though the thought of him and 'bad boy Saruman' painting the town red whilst in wizard training is a good one! :))

*sigh* The ways of women are an intreguing mystery!

Hobbit

Shehzad
September 15th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Hobbit
"It's the beard, right? Chicks love the beard....." :D

No, its the staff...

Lifino
September 15th, 2003, 11:06 PM
You know what they say about wizards: "It's not the size that matters, but how the man handles his staff."