View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean glitch SPOILER

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 [2]

primemover
December 18th, 2003, 08:26 PM
I cant remember but--after the pirates got the coin from the girl--and cut her hand--how did she get the coin back? Did she take it from the head pirate guy--or did she steal it from the chest? If the latter--then she should have been cursed like Depp's character was.

Kanin
December 27th, 2003, 12:06 PM
What I don't understand is when right before the curse is lifted, Jack Sparrow cuts his own hand(which is holding the medallion) with his sword right before he throws it to Will Turner. Why?

And how? Wasn't he cursed at this time?

Frostmourne
December 27th, 2003, 02:36 PM
So that his blood and coin is in the chest. So all Will has to do is drop his.

Thekherham
December 29th, 2003, 01:13 AM
Acording to www.movie-mistakes.com PotC has about 150 alleged mistakes.

Shanoncia
December 29th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Nimea
The curse is only triggered when you take a coin from the treasure, from that chest. Not if you get it second-hand . . . it has nothing to do with stealing, anyone taking something away from the treasure is cursed.

But, what I was thinking about: what about Orlando's pirate father? He took one too and after that he was drowned by the pirates . . . does that mean his un-dead body still hung somewhere in the ocean, only dying when the curse was lifted from the pirates? :confused:

No NO NO NON NEE NAY NEIN! You got it all wrong! WRONG! VERY WRONG!

Bootstrap Bill, a.k.a. William Turner, or Will Jr.'s Daddy never felt right about the mutiny in deserting Jack Sparrow. Remember they left Jack for dead before they reached the treasure, and anyways, ol' Bootstrp was very vocal about his not liking him and to make his stand he took no part in the stealing of the goods. He didn't touch even one piece of gold. Since he wa the only honest one among the party that is why the spell required his blood to be shed in sacrifice for the other goat faced fools. You see? Pure blood to clean the bad blood?

Bootstrap Bill knew that they needed to return the gold so he took one of their pieces, and made it into a pendant for his son to carry. He wanted them cursed forever because he knew they were going to kill him. And that's that. Every that passed through Bootstraps hands, and "Orlando's" hands, and Elizabeths hands was all second hand.

Shanoncia
December 29th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Steph19041961
Okay... I went to that other thread... and yes those are all good nit-pickings... but I must nit-pick the nit-pinking about whether monkeys can swim... They can swim... I watched a science program about it. Just because an animal doesn't have enough body fat doesn't mean that it can't swim... I know people that sink like stones if they aren't moving their arms and legs to swim.
All that other nit-picking was great... :)

A lot of other stuff wrong with these nit pickings too. Ol' silly man obviously wasn't very observant. Like how he makes a big to do of Jack sliding down the rope with manacles! That was so simple! If he's so smart how could he have missed it? Silly man! Jack Sparrow had about a foot of chain between his cuffs and in folding it together and pulling it over and holding it, well it works. Hard to describe by words of course. But anyway, simply he pulled the extra chain over. It's easy to see, and easy to figure out! Shame on the nitpickers!

And about them docking they boat! Well duh! They obviously didn't dock it. They anchored it and sailed in! After that they had a crew to help them. Sheesh! People oght to double check before they complain.

The bit about the gun and the apple. He dropped the gun when he was shot andd fumbled for the apple that he carried with him everywhere because he had feeling again. Poor bloke, all he wanted was one taste of that apple and he died before he could have it.

Heh... the mannicles thing really bothers me... every one on the other forum is like..."impossible"! God people will you please use your noodle!!! Eek!

Tomsk
January 3rd, 2004, 05:20 PM
Ooh! I get it all now! Thanks Shan! I noticed the manacles thing too, you can even see him throw the middle bit over the rope!

I think it would have been cool if Bootstrap Bill was still alive, because he was cursed, then he got out of the sea and was lost for ages, then he could come back as the baddest pirate on the 7 seas in part 2....

"Arr! No Will, I be your father!"

I don't get why BB's blood had to be spilled to stop the curse if he didn't take any to start with...:confused:

Also, I think I imagined it but I am sure that in the first scene with Will and Elizabeth Will calls her Miss Turner, which is obviously wrong. Maybe I'm just going mad.:rolleyes:

Frostmourne
January 3rd, 2004, 06:31 PM
"Arr! No Will, I be your father!"

LMAO!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Now my chest hurts....

Bootstrap Bill did take the gold, but he still didn't like the mutiney.(SP?)

Shanoncia
January 4th, 2004, 09:13 PM
sp- mutiny ;)