View Full Version : CrossGen

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

kevinbreaux
September 28th, 2003, 10:27 AM
Hi,

Crossgen is having some problems. They needed to restructer. They are no longer paying salaries, now its back to freelance.

I love their books. The Ruse, The First, Meridian, Sojourn. They are all excellent and highly recomended.

Kevin James Breaux
Author of Breaking the Circle

Warewolf
September 29th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Yes, Crossgen is putting out some very good books, Negation being my favorite. I'm anxiously waiting to get my hands on El Cazador (the new pirate tale) #1...it's on it's way through the mail. I also enjoy Sojourn (epic fantasy), Scion (not so epic fantasy), The Path (samurai epic), Way of the Rat (think of Jackie Chan and a talking monkey in a kung fu action adventure), and Crux (cool sci-fi that's loosely tied to Negation).

The art is gorgeous, the stories are exciting, and they're the only ones really doing anything outside of superheroes (aside from indy stuff). Hope they can survive their current financial difficulties.

Mithfânion
January 21st, 2004, 01:56 PM
I'd been waiting for months for the Brath trade paperback to be released, carrying the first six issues. A few weeks ahead of it's November release they change the format to a small paperback size, called "Traveller". Disappointing, but hey, better than nothing, and better than collecting every single 22-page comic. Now it turns out that Brath won't be coming out in a collected edition at all. Great!!

Despicable really. Apparently they cancelled several other collections at the same time they cancelled Brath. This is no way to treat your customers.