View Full Version : My humble story

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

SavaTheAggie
October 1st, 2003, 02:18 AM
Hello all,

About a year ago I finished writing and illustrating a story that took me two years to complete. While I know it is not the best thing since sliced bread, I am still proud of it none the less.

And so I post here, to submit my humble story to the chopping block of more mainstream public opinion.

You see, my story has remained in a small vacuum of the Internet, simply because of the manner of which I illustrated my story. I used LEGO. And while this usually attaches a certain stigma to my work, I feel that it is not entirely deserved.

So if you would care to give my story a chance, and look beyond the childish shell that surrounds it, I would be most honored.

I admit that it is rough, and though I have done my best, it still contains some type-os and spelling errors. I have currently begun rewriting the story to flesh it out for possibly future publication, sans-illustrations.

I must beg that if you wish to reply poorly or send me hate mail that you do so as constructively as possible. I get enough hate mail from the people who read Slashdot from when my story was featured there.

So without any further ado, if you wish to read it, you may find my story here:

http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros

--Sava The Aggie

juzzza
October 1st, 2003, 05:30 AM
Well, I haven't read your story yet mate but I will give it a shot. I just took a look at your site because I was intrigued by the fact you illustrated your story using LEGO!!!

Bl**dy brilliant mate!!!

http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros/home09.jpg

I think it is a great idea, out of interest are you using LEGO kits or making the models up yourself? Just wonder if LEGO will stop you using their own kits for copyright and so on.

Juzzza

SavaTheAggie
October 1st, 2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by juzzza
Well, I haven't read your story yet mate but I will give it a shot. I just took a look at your site because I was intrigued by the fact you illustrated your story using LEGO!!!

Bl**dy brilliant mate!!!

I think it is a great idea, out of interest are you using LEGO kits or making the models up yourself? Just wonder if LEGO will stop you using their own kits for copyright and so on.

Juzzza

Thanks much! :) Glad you liked what you saw at a glance.

All of the models actually used in the story are, to the best of my knowledge, all original creations made by me (or by one of the two guest authors in the two guest author chapters. These chapters will be replaced if I ever get to publishing this thing).

--Sava The Aggie

Bracken
October 2nd, 2003, 01:47 PM
I love LEGO! I also admit to not reading your story yet but I have sat staring at the screen in awe.

Would Lego allow someone to publish a book with lego in the pictures, or would you need to get permission?

Also, you might want to be aware that the whole story and pictures being on the net, could make some publishers reluctant to buy it (if you're trying to sell it).

But it looks wonderful.

KATS
October 2nd, 2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by SavaTheAggie
I have currently begun rewriting the story to flesh it out for possibly future publication, sans-illustrations.

I would be happy to give you a critique, however I would prefer to give a critique to the final version. Otherwise the very things I may comment on may have already been rectified.

Kimberly
a/k/a KATS