SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kanin
October 12th, 2003, 05:24 PM
I got this idea from the Horror forum.

Around Halloween time, I always like to watch horror movies. Here's a list that I usually watch around this time of year.

Halloween
Evil Dead Trilogy
The Fog
The Sixth Sense
Sleepy Hollow
House on Haunted Hill
The Ring
Frankenstein
Dracula
Nightmare on Elm Street
The Shining
The Thing

I'm sure there are others that I forgot.

But how about you guys?

Frostmourne
October 12th, 2003, 06:23 PM
HAHA I just saw the Shining, SO FUNNY Jack Nicholson was great! I love the part when the blood comes out of the elevator, the music is in my opinion funny and the fake blood makes it funnier, however some parts are somewhat scary, like at the end when the mother see two spirits, one a human, the other a dog-like human, WHAT WERE THEY DOING??? I have an idea...but I hope it isnt the right one.

fluffy bunny
October 12th, 2003, 07:32 PM
I'm intrigued by the fact that the director's cut of alien hits the cinema screens on halloween over here. Love the movie, but I guess I was too young to see it at the cinema.

As for horror stuff, been meaning to get around to watching my copies of the horror of dracula and dracula:prince of darkness (with Christoper Lee himself)

Nightmare on elm street- getting a bit dated in its ability to chill, but still good fun. Am I the only person who's not convinced by the supposed greatness of Halloween?

The shining- chilling (even if I'm a bit miffed that the region 2 dvd seems to be missing half an hour of footage- approved by Kubrick or not can't we have the full film like the people over that big ocean?)

The omen- I really like the style of this one
The exorcist

Just curious Kanin- when you mention the ring, are you referring to the american or the japanese version (aka ringu)? If you've seen both, which do you prefer. I'm still leaning towards the japanese version, but they're both good IMHO. Great picks with the Dracula and Frankenstein pics (well I'm assuming you mean the 30s versions- if so throw in bride of frankenstein)

Kanin
October 12th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Alien is getting re-released here in the States with extra footage put in. I'm definetely going to see that.

As for the The Ring, I was referring to the American version. I thought it was quite good. Actually gave me some shivers which movies usually don't do. I haven't seen the original Japanese version.

As for the Dracula and Frankenstein picks, are there new versions?:p

Totally forgot Bride of Frankenstein. Thanks for the reminder!

Gildor
October 13th, 2003, 03:15 AM
I'm intrigued by the fact that the director's cut of alien hits the cinema screens on halloween over here. Love the movie, but I guess I was too young to see it at the cinema.

Well thank the lord for that!!

Yeh its one of those films that you wish you had seen in the cinama, like i know i never saw the matrix at the pics, and i deeply regreted that.

And i just heard, i don't know whether anyone can confirm it, but the Texas chain saw massacre will have a re- release, for i believe the 20th, not sure if this is true, but i know i'd go and see it.

Kanin
October 13th, 2003, 06:41 AM
I might be wrong, but I think you're talking about the re-make of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It actually looks quite good.

I don't know if the original is getting re-released.

Gildor
October 13th, 2003, 12:55 PM
hmmmmmmmmm...

That does make more sense, some blasted idiot in school convinced me it was a re-release, ah well any version will do!

Now talking about sheer horror i bet the BBC will do a re-run of some film everyone has seen before Sooooooooo many times! yet there will probably be a good film on at like 2 in the morming or something pathetic like that.

Kanin
October 13th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Gildor,

I just found out that the original is getting re-released on DVD.

Plus, there's a remake in the theaters.

Everyone has gone chainsaw happy!:p

Gildor
October 14th, 2003, 03:51 AM
Yeeeeeh

Well that will make going to the cinama more of a treat. Now i've just got to convince my friends to go see finding Nemo .... :rolleyes:

The fools want to go see Cabin Fever, but it always seems to remind of that scene in Muppet treasure Island :p

Stewart
October 15th, 2003, 06:35 PM
The only movie I need at halloween is the original Night of the Living Dead. Best zombie and best horror movie ever made especially for it's time.

Hey I heard that the Texas Chainsaw Massacre is based on a true story, that true?