PDA

View Full Version : Taken

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Dominus
October 13th, 2003, 02:58 PM
I searched for a topic on this, but couldn't find one, so it's not my fault if there is one! Anyway....

I don't know when it first aired, but Sci-fi is showing them again on Sunday nights. I think it's a great miniseries, great acting, great everything, but the acting is best. Anyone else watching?

juzzza
October 14th, 2003, 04:52 AM
I have the series on DVD but have only watched the first episode. I thought it was very impressive, the effects are very good and I am looking forward to a wintery day so I can sit down and watch the lot.

Holbrook
October 14th, 2003, 05:10 AM
Watched it on the BBC first time round. Good solid story, good effects, though some of it was very formulaic in places, if a does b then c will happen.

spoiler:
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

I found the "villians family" of far more interest and the parts were the strongest, all three generations,....

NeonKnight
October 15th, 2003, 09:16 AM
As my eyeballs glazed over during Carnivale my remote abducted them over to Taken and I woke up!

I'm not much for Roswell stories and alien abduction, going much more for the Carl Sagan view on these subjects; if they are out there, they are WAY out there, light years away. Besides, we should be able to detect any "vast interstellar civilizations" that were out there simply from their electromagnetic radiation from their communications.

But King has really done something good with this series. I saw a part of an episode and much of the last one on Sunday nite.

Spoilers.......

That was a cool scene in the operating room! Chilling how the alien uncoils from a little speck into the metallic centipede and than becomes a deranged puppeteer for all the doomed people in the operating room. Very scary and nearly believable.

The little metal centipede in MY head says I can watch next week, but I still must believe in the Carl Sagan version of the universe...or else.......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH. ;)

tainted princss
November 17th, 2003, 12:16 PM
did anyone else enjoy stephen spielberg's mini-series TAKEN ? i really enjoyed it, and i've been looking for some other people who enjoyed it as much as i did. no one that lives near me watched it, so if anyone did watch it and enjoyed it and wants to comment on anything, please reply cuz i would love to talk to someone who enjoyed this as much as i did!

Dominus
November 17th, 2003, 01:35 PM
http://www.sffworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6635 :)

Merged- thanks anyway dominus- fluffy bunny

kahnovitch
November 18th, 2003, 06:34 AM
Here I go making assuptiuons again, but isn't this series just Speilberg expanding on his old blockbuster "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" and throwing in a bit of X-files conspiracy theory and nasty rather than benevolent aliens?

Shayna
November 29th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Loved this series, but still not big on sci-fi!!
The actors themselves, I found did justice to each ones' own part! Like someone said...I too enjoyed the " villainous families"!! :eek:

Thekherham
December 4th, 2003, 09:01 PM
I saw it on the CBC
Every Monday for two hours.
I thought it was very well done.