View Full Version : Kill Bill

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

kater
October 18th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Ok its out, I've seen it - its ok, a bit disjointed and quite twisted but hey its Tarantino, not worth the hype but worth a look, frankly the violence/gore is funny.

Frostmourne
October 18th, 2003, 06:29 PM
After all I've heard about it, I wasnt at all interested, however now that I hear that its not worth the hype, I probably wont watch it.

Iskaral Pust
October 19th, 2003, 04:02 PM
I thought it was a very poor film, hardly even worth watching.

Frostmourne
October 19th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Is it like another Charlie's Angels?

Bear
October 19th, 2003, 11:45 PM
I have to disagree here. I loved this movie. And I'm not even a big Tarantino fan (though, Resevoir Dogs was awesome). It's really over the top, quirky, ultra-violent and sort of tongue in cheek (or at least that's how I recieved it). And it's basically a speghetti western paying homage to the kung-fu films of old, which is fine by me. The drop-off ending was definitely a disappointment, but I expected it, so it wasn't too much of a blow. All-in-all, lots of violent fun. Thumbs up.

trentdick2882
October 20th, 2003, 11:27 AM
i really liked it as well. lots of violence, but kind of tongue in cheek, so it wasn't disgusting. uma thurman does a great job.

kahnovitch
October 20th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Unfortunately I've been watching movies almost as long as Quentin Tarantino so I know first hand where he gets a lot of his "inspiration" from.
The trailer to "Kill Bill" was like a lot of old chop-socky stuff that became uncool just after Bruce Lee released his first film and changed the nature of martial arts movies.
It looks like a throw back to the old wire-fu, gore-fest far eastern films, except for the new (and by that I mean "getting a bit old") Hollywood trend of replacing some of the traditional male leads with a "tough chick" or two.

Seen it, worn the T shirt, read the book, a long time ago.

Bruce Lee circa 1972..........................Tarantino circa 2003...

http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~alexward/bruceleesuit.jpg http://www.cinecon.com/albums/album59/aac.jpg

Shehzad
October 20th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Bear
I have to disagree here. I loved this movie. And I'm not even a big Tarantino fan (though, Resevoir Dogs was awesome). It's really over the top, quirky, ultra-violent and sort of tongue in cheek (or at least that's how I recieved it). And it's basically a speghetti western paying homage to the kung-fu films of old, which is fine by me. The drop-off ending was definitely a disappointment, but I expected it, so it wasn't too much of a blow. All-in-all, lots of violent fun. Thumbs up.

I liked it and enjoyed it-- maybe not as much as ole' Bear up there, but still it was a fun, tongue-in-cheek, ultra-violent look at the traditional kung-fu films.

Still second to Pulp Fiction IMHO....

juzzza
October 21st, 2003, 04:52 AM
It really doesn't matter what any of you think, Quentin made that film just for me, he clearly had a look at my childhood, my influences and favourite movies before writing the script.

:D

Of course I jest however, I think Kill Bill is tremendous, Tarantino's finest work to date and probably the best film I have seen this year.

It oozes cheese, but that is the point, pure escapism in a yellow jump suit.

Bear
October 23rd, 2003, 04:10 PM
I saw this again last night. Liked it just as much the second time. Can't wait for part 2.