PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself to this new world of writing, hope to get a friendly environment

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

neha
October 22nd, 2003, 09:20 AM
It's strange to find myself here, don't know what all I am going to write.......... Perhaps I know. Fine, I write something about music...
To be honest....... I wrote it last night while listening to some beautiful song and it's a very long writing.......I really wonder if I post it wholly, if someone reads, will find it so stupid. anyhow i copy and paste a little of it and see what happens... well I am not a good writer and really dont know what type of matter is written here......I haven't explored till date. I will try to do that now, nope some other day. So here it goes.....

I am listening to some beautiful music. Music-something which has the ability to exhilarate my soul. I just love music. Not very loud or noisy. It should be so soft, light, melodious and in harmony with me that I can easily get absorbed in it, soaked in it, it can penetrate into my soul and touch my soul up to its depth. MusicÖitís like a magnet, which magnetizes me and I Ö like a piece of iron get stuck to it. I donít not remember my identity and get lost into it. Sometimes in early morning when I listen to some music coming from some distant place, may be from a shrine or so and itís so faint that I am not able to understand the words but still I feel it, it fills my heart with a great joy. I feel like laughing and weeping simultaneously for nothingÖsuch a feeling that canít be confined into words. I feel so blessed at that moment. And I thank GodÖ for creating something as beautiful as music, so mesmerizing. I feel like weeping as I find something so close to meÖ so close that even in my presence, it has captivated my mind, my heart, and my soul. (Well itís strange to define myself something else from mind, heart and soul, perhaps I am wholly enthralled by the spell of music forgetting my separate existence). Itís so strange I feel like weeping when I find something so close to me. Tears are so charismatic. Tears are so divine...........

Too serious. I know. Great I am not posting whole of it. :) :)

Kaz
October 22nd, 2003, 09:39 AM
It's a beautiful start to what will hopefully be a long & happy stay here with us :)

Welcome to SFFW, I hope you find your time here fun and enlightning. Check out the Writing section for some intelligent conversation, tips and inspiration about writing.

Zack Ryan
October 22nd, 2003, 05:43 PM
I too welcome you to SFFW Neha, and it is indeed a good start.

Just to clarify though, this particular (forum?) (topic?) is for Collaborative Stories. If your story is made for two or more people, then this is certainly the place to be. You need only add the premise to the beginning and invite other participants and off you go.

If this is a short story, meant to be told in one long post, then it probably would be better to post it in the writers forum, which has the facility to post and get honest critique.

Whichever, welcome aboard and may your stay be pleasent and fruitful.

Sammie
October 23rd, 2003, 08:56 AM
Hi Neha - if you want to post your writing in this forum as the beginning of a story that everyone can take part in, as Zack has said, feel free.

However, if you are looking for some feedback, or just want to share a piece of your own work with us, then i suggest that you submit your writing to the site, using the 'submit' link at the top right of the page. That way your work can be put up on the site for everyone to see, and they can talk about it in the 'Writing' forum.

Thanks, Sammie.

Ickle Lulu
October 23rd, 2003, 09:28 AM
that's an interesting piece of writing Neha...........wonder what the rest of it is like..!?
listen to the others and do what they say.......are we gonna be able to add bits? or is it only gonna be your work?.....
a big warm welcome to you sweetie......and enjoy your stay!:D

- oh.......and if this is a prelude to what else is floating about in your head, ready to be written down..........KEEP WRITING!!! and keep up your confidence in your abilities to do it too!:)

xxx