PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself to this new world of writing, hope to get a friendly environment

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

neha
October 22nd, 2003, 11:09 AM
Introducing myself to this new world of writing, hope to get a friendly environment
It's strange to find myself here, don't know what all I am going to write.......... Perhaps I know. Fine, I write something about music...
To be honest....... I wrote it last night while listening to some beautiful song and it's a very long writing.......I really wonder if I post it wholly, if someone reads, will find it so stupid. anyhow i copy and paste a little of it and see what happens... well I am not a good writer and really dont know what type of matter is written here......I haven't explored till date. I will try to do that now, nope some other day. So here it goes.....

I am listening to some beautiful music. Music-something which has the ability to exhilarate my soul. I just love music. Not very loud or noisy. It should be so soft, light, melodious and in harmony with me that I can easily get absorbed in it, soaked in it, it can penetrate into my soul and touch my soul up to its depth. MusicÖitís like a magnet, which magnetizes me and I Ö like a piece of iron get stuck to it. I donít not remember my identity and get lost into it. Sometimes in early morning when I listen to some music coming from some distant place, may be from a shrine or so and itís so faint that I am not able to understand the words but still I feel it, it fills my heart with a great joy. I feel like laughing and weeping simultaneously for nothingÖsuch a feeling that canít be confined into words. I feel so blessed at that moment. And I thank GodÖ for creating something as beautiful as music, so mesmerizing. I feel like weeping as I find something so close to meÖ so close that even in my presence, it has captivated my mind, my heart, and my soul. (Well itís strange to define myself something else from mind, heart and soul, perhaps I am wholly enthralled by the spell of music forgetting my separate existence). Itís so strange I feel like weeping when I find something so close to me. Tears are so charismatic. Tears are so divine...........

Too serious. I know. Great I am not posting whole of it. :) :)

Jacquin
October 25th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Hi neha

Welcome to sffworld. I hope you find this place as rewarding and enjoyable as I have done.

J

Twelve
October 26th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Yes, Hello Neha. There are some good people around here.

Fist
October 29th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Welcome Neha. I too am new here. It's exactly what every aspiring writer needs.

Ickle Lulu
November 3rd, 2003, 02:52 AM
welcome to the world of madness Neha!
i can guarantee you will find this place as rewarding, entertaining, and interesting as i have!
you gotta be involved though! so post on as many threads as poss, and start some new ones yourself! that's the fastest way to get people talking to you! everyone is luvvley round here!
i send you a big hug as a welcome!
hehe!
xxx

Goodman
November 6th, 2003, 02:00 PM
You've definantly got tallent, but I find it quite a daunting idea to put my work onto the site as well.
I'm new as well, managed a quick look around the forums and it looks like it'll be helpful.

Miriamele
November 19th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Neha,
I can't help but comment that the bit you wrote about music sounds exactly like something I remember writing in my journal when I was quite a bit younger. Don't feel that it's too serious...everyone thinks stuff like that at times, but most people are too shy to share such deep feelings.

I understand what you're talking about. Music has always been important to me. I used to want to be a concert pianist or violinist...but it was not meant to be. My piano is given away and my violin sits unused and in need of repair in the bottom of my closet. :(

But writing is another way to purge one's soul--as you have found.

Welcome to sffworld.

:)

neha
December 1st, 2003, 01:51 AM
hey Guys! Thanks a lot...posted some more crap :) Never Mind...not too boring...
Sun and Moon....hey! need your comments!

Thanks a lot...Miriamele ,Goodman , Ickle Lulu , Fist , Twelve , Jacquin ....Thanks a lot for your constructive responses....hope to get more help from you....

Good Luck!:) Take care

Caleddin
December 12th, 2003, 02:48 AM
Hey ya's and welcome, new too, but loving it! Some really nice people here.