PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi short story invitation

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

tdurrant
October 31st, 2003, 09:58 AM
My name is Todd Durrant and I run an independent record lable called A Different Drum (see www.adifferentdrum.com). I also have a great interested in literature, particularly science fiction.

A friend of mine saw a project that my record label is working on and suggested that I post an invitation in this forum, since he says there are some really good authors hanging out here.

I'm currently working on an experimental new project called "Listen to the Future" which will collect about 10 short stories in the sci-fi genre and team them up with audio soundtrack / theme song material composed by bands on A Different Drum's record label. The bands will write music based on the stories, then we will release a book that is packaged together with a CD.

The style of music the bands on the label play is called "synthpop" (electronic music with pop music structures and good lyrics), which may or may not be your personal taste. A lot of the band members are science fiction fans and the style of music lends itself well to futuristic themes.

Anyway, if you're interested in participating by submitting a short story for consideration, you can see this homepage address for more info and a simple contract to send in with your manuscript:

http://www.adifferentdrum.com/scifistory/

Thanks, and sorry if it was inappropriate to post the invitation here.
-Todd

juzzza
October 31st, 2003, 10:02 AM
Hello Todd,

We don't usually allow advertising here at SFFW however, at the same time we are always happy to have genuine opportunities presented to our active writers.

As always members, make sure you are fully happy with any contract and if in doubt, refer via PM to one of the admins/mods, myself included.

Thanks

Juzzza

tdurrant
October 31st, 2003, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I didn't consider it advertising as much as an invitation. I'm not asking anybody to buy anything. I'm just hoping maybe some interested writers might want to contribute to the project :-)

Thanks,
Todd

juzzza
October 31st, 2003, 10:41 AM
Agreed, my post is less about your motives and more about giving our usual warning to our members.

That being said, it sounds like a great project and I wish you all the luck mate.