View Full Version : X-men movies

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Dude
November 8th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Ok, when i was ickle, the x-men cartoons were my favourite of all programs. The films are absolutely awesome, they really impressed me and have showed up all the other films based on comic books. But the point of this thread was that I wanted opinions of who 'fans' want to see in forthcoming films.

Personally I want to see more of Iceman because he is amasing

Gambit - the best
Mr Sinister
Apocalypse
Ms Marvel (so rogue can do the absorbing thing)

AND toad? I thouht toad was always really annoying, but in the films he is brilliant, the actor who plays him is perfect for it and has made him a quality character

Stewart
November 9th, 2003, 10:41 PM
I'm really into X-Men: Evolution right now. I too was a fan of the show when I was little but Evolution is turning out to be a really great series, with surprisingly mature themes considering it's a Saturday morning cartoon. I can't wait until the Pheonix Saga begins, that was my fav. part of the first series. Cyclop's unending love and hope for Jean even as the Pheonix powers consume her and turn into a killing machine is very dramatic.

Dude
November 10th, 2003, 02:45 AM
I can't say i've seen much of the new cartoon, i saw a couple of episodes when i was home ill, it looked pretty good, i like how it was done, gambit looked awesome! and was rock hard!

Keade
November 12th, 2003, 03:25 AM
i want to see more of gambit in the movies
and i love pyro's scene in x2 when he fires the police cars and wolverine gets shot
i also really liked bobby
i thought that nightcrawler was amazing

Iskaral Pust
November 12th, 2003, 09:56 AM
I thought X2 was an excellent film, not too sure about the prequel. That first scene with Nightcrawer was awsome and Storm and Pyro had their moments. I can't wait to see Phoenix in the next film, I hope Gambit will be in it as well.

Dude
November 12th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Well, I'm glad we're all agreed that Gambit should be in the films!

I also agree that Nightcrawler was amasing in X2, the black smoke that was left was awesome...

Eventine
November 13th, 2003, 05:08 PM
I watched the original cartoon years ago, which got me into the comics. I then collected quite a few Marvel titles for several years after that, I probably stopped collecting 4 or 5 years ago.
I was very worried about the X-Men film when it came out, and in the end it didn't really work for me. I felt the only characterisation they did well was with Cyclops, and because I was a fan the continuity kept bothering me. It was good to see a lot of the marvel universe brought to life in front of me though.

So I went into X-Men 2 wondering if it would miss again. It didn't. This time they nailed most of the characters and threw lots of little moments in that made fans like me gush - Siren, collosus, the list of mutant names in the computer (Jamie Madrox!), Hank McCoy on the TV and the suggestions of Pheonix. They even let Wolverine fight like Wolverine should fight in this one.

I'm still hesitant about bringing Gambit in though. He's a very popular character and would have to be done extremely well to live up to the expectations of the public.

Zsinj
November 14th, 2003, 06:47 PM
I absolutely loved X2!! It kicked arse!!
Allthough there were a couple of things in it that dissapointed me:

-They left out the whole history and origin of Lady Deathstrike. You know, her and Wolverine being lovers, her being transformed into a cybernetic being by Mojo..etc. In the movie they just described her as one of Strykers' mutant agents ans left it at that.

-The mad scientist (Stryker) who was responsible for the Weapon X project in the movie was definitely not the same mad scientist from the comics/cartoon. Plus, they mentioned nothing about the two other mutants that were involoved in Weapon X in the comics/cartoon, Sabretooth and Maverick! That dissapointed me somewhat too.

-Very few people know this except the hardcore X-geeks such as me, but Stryker was originally a character from the X-Men comic story-arc "God Loves, Man Kills". He was a fanatical televangelist who led an attack on the X-Men because he believed that Charles Xavier was the Antichrist and the X-Men were demons, or something along that line. I just was kind of dissapointed to see him misrepresented in that movie.

-Where the heck was Sabretooth?!! I was really expecting to see him in this movie!!

-I was kind of expecting, with all the genocidal hatred for the mutants going on in the plotline, to see maybe the Sentinels and the radical anti-mutant hate group, the F.O.H. (Friends of Humanity) appear in this movie, but alas, they didn't. :(

It may sound like I'm complaining a lot about this movie, but I'm not. I actually thought it was a really great movie. It's just that it could have been so much better if the stayed more true to the comics.
Needless to say, I'm really psyched about seeing the Dark Phoenix Saga come to the big screen!

tainted princss
November 17th, 2003, 11:33 AM
i too really enjoyed the x men growing up. i can still remember my brother having all the action figures and us having battles between them. ahh the good days. i really enjoyed the first movie they made, and i'm very glad they are making sequels. i still having seen the second movie, simply because i was too lazy to go see it in theaters, so i'm waiting to rent it. but yes, as i've heard, they are making more of apocolypse (spelling) in the upcoming movies. like someone said, i would really like to see rogue use her powers on other mutants, simply b/c that would be wicked awesome. but if anyone knows anything a/b the upcoming movies, please post!

kahnovitch
November 18th, 2003, 05:41 AM
I think the X-men films are one of the few that have been done well (although I've yet to see the 2nd one).

But.... wasn't Rogue originally a member of Magneto's posse and Mystique was a sort of mother figure to her?
Also, I seem to recall (from the comics) she had almost completely absorbed the powers and personality of Ms Marvel way before she joined the X-men.