PDA

View Full Version : Such a thing as a good sequel?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

MrKip
November 9th, 2003, 08:01 AM
I was just reading Ouroborus' thread on a Dog Soldiers sequel and it made me think: can anyone name even five sequels that were better than the original?
I can think of Terminator 2 and now I'm stuggling.

kater
November 9th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Aliens, Godfather pt 2, X2, Two Towers, Empire Strikes Back, Superman 2, Evil Dead 2 (maybe a remake but hey) Roadwarrior possibly?, Lethal Weapon2 - is that five :D Though there are many many more bad sequels.

Mordor
November 9th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Blade 2

Iskaral Pust
November 9th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Organa
Blade 2
eh? You're having a laugh aren't you?

I think Kater's list is pretty much all the major ones.

Vladimir
November 9th, 2003, 07:40 PM
The Two Towers obviously wasn't better than the first one but I agree with the rest

Frostmourne
November 9th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Ya, and the Return of the king will be better

Shehzad
November 9th, 2003, 09:24 PM
The Godfather (1 &2!) rocks. Nuff said.

Archren
November 10th, 2003, 03:05 PM
T2, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Aliens, X2, Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan... well that's 5, so I guess it can happen. However, I would say that the normal course of affairs is that the first movie is the best.

kahnovitch
November 10th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Hard to comapre Alien and Aliens are they are so different as films.

I'd say Predator 2 was better as you got a closer look at the Pred's ship and some new gadgets, as well as them as a community hunting party.

For a Few dollars More was a definite improvement with Lee Van Cleef as a rival bounty hunter who IMO stole the show from Clint Eastwood.

The Evil Dead films got better as the went on, 3 being my fave.

There were some more sequels mentioned
here. (http://www.sffworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6140&perpage=15&highlight=sequels&pagenumber=1)

Bear
November 10th, 2003, 06:15 PM
T2, Return to OZ, Evil Dead 2, Aliens, Godfather 2 make up my list. But in general, sequels are poopy.