PDA

View Full Version : LOTR Trilogy Screening

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Bear
November 12th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Is anyone else going to this? I lucked out and got a bunch of tickets for myself, some family members and friends, but only recently heard that they sold out incredibly fast. Having just checked ebay, they're selling for around $300 a pair. Yowzers!

Did anyone else luck out and get the tickets for this? And is this happening anywhere outside of America?

Hobbit
November 12th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Unfortunately not happening any near Hobbit Towers, Bear. Am jealous!

I'm sure that as Jackson's wish is to have the three movies shown as one long one, it will happen again eventually.

Hobbit

Bear
November 13th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Supposedly, this is a one time deal, which is probably why people are scarmbling for the tickets. And it's kind of ironic that the screenings aren't happening anywhere near Hobbit Towers, eh? :)

Eldanuumea
November 13th, 2003, 05:51 PM
My daughter has the great fortune to have secured tickets while they were still cheap, for a trilogy showing in Shreveport, Louisiana. She will be getting to meet up with a friend who has been helping her with her LOTR and Harry Potter forums, which i think is so cool.

I envy her. It is the week of exams, though, and I could never be that irresponsible. Oh, but to see the extended versions on a big screen........ummmm........

Hobbit
November 13th, 2003, 06:44 PM
I'm working at 'irony'... but, yes, I thought so too, Bear! :)

Poetic justice? ...not that I'm jealous or anything.... (much!) :)

Still, only 4 days till the extended TwoTowers comes out on DVD...

Bear and Elda - you still have time to make that very big comfy cushion you're going to need for those 12 hours or so.... :)

Hobbit

Kamakhya
November 13th, 2003, 07:41 PM
I really wanted to go, but 12 hours with a 9 yr. old kid on a school night was just too much. So, instead, I will watch the DVD's before we go see the final movie.

Hobbit
November 14th, 2003, 02:57 AM
I will watch the DVD's before we go see the final movie.

Same here.

The cushions are a little more comfy at Hobbit Towers....and we can stop for a cup of tea or a restroom break anytime we need to. :)

Hobbit

Bear
November 14th, 2003, 02:20 PM
I plan on having an incredibly numb butt, and not minding in the slightest. The only thing that could possibly ruin my time is if Return of the King sucks, but I don't think it will.

I hope I don't eat those words.

Hobbit
November 14th, 2003, 03:41 PM
I hope I don't eat those words. LOL.... as does a lot of people, Bear! :)

Hobbit

Evil Agent
November 16th, 2003, 05:07 PM
In many European cities that I just visited, they were only charging the price for 3 regular tickets.

Here in Vancouver they're asking for $50 Canadian, which I think is ridiculous. How can they justify charging more than for 3 films, it's so blatantly corporate and evil.

I'll probably just end up watching the first two Extended versions on my own nice TV, then paying for film 3.