PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Seige!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Shanoncia
November 20th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Alright, so the secrets out of the bag... I'm a huge games fan only I just don't have much time to put to it.

However...

When the new Dungeon Seige came out I got to it ASAP... or at least I got to the dem version, since at the time I had no money. :rolleyes:

Anymore, after smoking the demo I got the real version and tried to transfer my player files over and it wouldn't work. No matter how many times I cut or copied the character into the Dungeon Seige instead of Dungeon Seige Demo it just wouldn't not work!

Has anyone else run into this problem? It's really not that big of a deal, I just started over in the full version but it still is frustrating. Does anyone know why this might have happened? Or how to fix it? Thanks.

Frostmourne
November 20th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Probably cause Dungeon Siege is the #1 easiest game to hack into. That would be a problem.

milamber_reborn
November 20th, 2003, 09:15 PM
It's not uncommon since demos don't usually don't include all the coding. You might be able to find some programs to convert the data in the save game file somewhere on the net.

Or you can go back in time and make your character better than before because you know what's going to happen this time.

DarthV
November 21st, 2003, 06:57 AM
Some friends and I just started playing the expansion part last night. Seems like more mindless hack & slash... I did beat the original game when it was new, but I think that was a lot of wasted time...the store was way way too linear! Nice eye candy, though.

Shanoncia
November 21st, 2003, 03:16 PM
Lol... thanks Darth! It kinda makes me feel better, but not really... :rolleyes: I guess I'll just have to back in time. It sounds most reasonable. :D

milamber_reborn
November 21st, 2003, 10:57 PM
They're hard at work on the sequal. Hopefully there will be a few more innovations this time, instead of just 'seamless transition.'

Maybe better quests ala Planescape: Torment.

Shanoncia
November 22nd, 2003, 08:13 AM
I agree, it's certainly not the most thought provoking peice of work, and as a rule I enjoy something much more stimulating, but is sure is purdy. :D