View Full Version : Vampires?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Gambit12
November 21st, 2003, 11:21 AM
anyone writes about vampires in this forum or what?

Chlestron
November 21st, 2003, 05:48 PM
I have written about vampires with my own person variations on them. I know that several other people have used vampires in their stories as well.

Caleddin
November 22nd, 2003, 12:15 AM
I write a bit about vampires too. Not just in WOD settings.

juzzza
November 24th, 2003, 04:09 AM
My first attempt at a novel was called 'A Direction In Life' and I was scribblin' ideas down in a note pad as I was travelling around Thailand, Australia and New Zealand almost 8 years ago!!!

I came back with three books worth of ideas, which were based on a backpacker who becomes a Vampire and vows to hunt down the creature who 'turned' him and killed his girlfriend. The story is based in many of the locations that inspired me at the time.

I also came back with a spin-off idea for a series of books called 'The Le Bois Werewolves' about Canadian Lycanthropes. Rolf Le Bois befriends the lead character in the above mentioned Vampire series and becomes his day-time protector, then I became intrigued myself with his background and his family.

NeuroMortis
December 5th, 2003, 10:18 AM
One of the boards I run is a "vamp fiction" board---so I guess that kinda puts me in the 'yeah, I have' category...

http://www.thewayward.us

wordsarepoison
December 6th, 2003, 06:29 AM
Yeah, I write about vampires. I have a dynasty of the things and proposed stories set at various points in time, following several characters.
The first instalment's set in the 2070s and vampires are still a ruling class, despite various rebellions and movements of non-vamps demanding equality. There are several large, old families/clans who dominate how the world is run. I want to look into the different cultures of families from different countries (German Darkblooms vs Japanese Sekines vs Romanian ma Ferencs).
And my vampires haven't risen from the dead. They're born into these massive familial structures, or they're made. Vampires live much longer than non-vampires, although there are people who believe vampires are immortal. They also move much faster, are very strong and have sharp reactions. Many believe they are the next stage of evolution and so have a God-given right to treat non-vamps as little more than cattle.

//rambling

Caleddin
December 12th, 2003, 02:36 AM
YAAYYY time for a little trumpet blowing, wrote a short story based on White Wolf's vampire's for a competition, had to be around the 3000 mark, took FIRST, I'll say that again cause it feels good, FIRST place! Won me a cdrom!

YAYYY,

Can I post it here for your delectation?

NeuroMortis
December 12th, 2003, 02:56 AM
That'd be interesting. Go for it.

Caleddin
December 12th, 2003, 03:05 AM
here's a link to it.

http://filthysix.tripod.com/darensturgess/id12.html

kahnovitch
December 12th, 2003, 04:52 AM
I've scribbled out a rough draft for a modern vamp story, but like a lot of things it's on the shelf for the time being until I find (or make) the time for it.