PDA

View Full Version : First Web site

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Caleddin
November 23rd, 2003, 07:04 AM
Would people mind taking a quick look at my website, and let me know what they honestly think? I've had some feedback but really enough to get a good idea.

http://filthysix.tripod.com/

juzzza
November 24th, 2003, 04:33 AM
Hello Daren,

I would usually move your thread to the General Discussion forum but as the site is dedicated to your writing, let's leave it here for now.

I think it is pretty good, did you design it or have someone put it up for you. My only crit is that it looks like a template site, I.E. there are many sites with similar navigation and layouts, it is also a little bit busy, I like space on my sites AND web friendly colours.

Juzz
Loveable Rogue Mod

Caleddin
November 24th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Sadly I did it myself, some eight hours work on a wet sunday, most of it is templated as I have little/no experiance with web site design. That said Dreamweaver arrived to day, so I suspect that once I get to grips with the software the site will change appearance somewhat. After reading hte manual I already have a few ideas.

And thanks.

juzzza
November 24th, 2003, 05:11 AM
Dreamweaver is awesome, an excellent purchase on your part. The tutorials are worth working through, you will be a wizz in no time at all. Is it Ultra Dev? If so, you will have so much fun with ASP it's untrue!!!