PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the names of two old, obscure sci-fi/fantasy movies. Please help!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zsinj
November 23rd, 2003, 08:22 PM
I seem to remember bits and pieces of two lesser-known, obscure sci-fi and fantasy movies I watched when I was a wee lad. I definitely can't remember the whole story, much less the title, so I was wondering if one of you here would know what movies I'm talking about and could please tell me the title of them.
One movie I remember came on the PBS channel. It was a British-made claymation movie, you know, kind of in the style of Wallace & Grommit or Chicken Run?
Anyway, all I remember of it, is that sometime at the beginning of the movie, there was a scene either involving Adam and Eve or a caveman and a cavewoman (I can't remember which). And then the rest of the movie involved this boy, girl, a couple of other characters, and a mad scientist traveling across space and time in some sort of starship.
And the other movie I saw was a fantasy movie that was kind of like Narnia or the Neverending Story in that it had a real-world-fantasy realm crossover scenario. All I remember of it was this boy who chased after this dwarf/gnome-like creature, and chased him into this barn-like building, where the dwarf/gnome-like creature opened up this magic portal to this other realm, and the boy followed him through the portal. In this other world, he had to undertake a quest, and the only part of this quest I remember is him meeting with this king who was this muddy, goopy, blob-like creature.

Any help would be dearly appreciated.
Thanx :)

asimovian
November 24th, 2003, 10:01 AM
You forgot "everlasting gratitude". Without this, I won't even try.
:D

Zsinj
November 24th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Okay, you have my everlasting gratitude then, O Mighty Asimovian! :D

Oorag
November 27th, 2003, 12:18 AM
The second one sounds an awful lot like The Great Land of Small (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0093116/combined), a classic among my friends, who regard it as the best "worst movie" ever.

Zsinj
November 27th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Yes, The Great Land of Small is the one I saw! Thanx dude! And yeah, it was pretty darn bad! I was just 6 years old when I saw it and even then, I thought it was one of the weakest, idiotic movies I had ever seen! Heck, it made the crappy Neverending Story Part II look like a blockbuster!
(By the way, I really liked the first Neverending Story movie, but the second one just plain sucked!it was one of the lamest, most depressing movies I have ever seen!)