PDA

View Full Version : Love actually...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

juzzza
November 24th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Well, I was forced (not that firmly though) to go and see Love Actually on Saturday and I was expecting to be well asleep ten minutes in...

Liam Neeson, Hugh Grant, the eldest son from 'My Family' Emma Thomson (sp?) and Rick what's his face were all excellent, and the intricate story was quite pleasant. The winner though was by far the aging rock and roll star, what a great character I was laughing at every one of his scenes.

Rocker: Ask me anything you want and I'll tell you the truth.
DJ: Who was the best shag?
Rocker: Britney Spears...
GASPS ALL ROUND
Rocker: (Laughing) Not really............. She was RUBBISH.

asimovian
November 24th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by juzzza
Liam Neeson, Hugh Grant, the eldest son from 'My Family' Emma Thomson (sp?)
Emma Thompson Service Pack ???

Iskaral Pust
November 24th, 2003, 02:05 PM
ugh! I thought this was an awful film, it really was terrible.

juzzza
November 25th, 2003, 09:12 AM
I don't think it was terrible, why do you say that? It isn't a GREAT movie but it passed the time well enough.

Why on earth would you go to such a movie that is clearly not to your taste?

asimovian (sp?) means I was unsure of the spelling!!!

Richardb
November 25th, 2003, 03:31 PM
My wife dragged me to this movie (it was the only movie that fit in the time the baby sitter was available...), and you know, I thought it was great. Some truly great lines. Some of the story lines were better than others, but the general way the threads came together was really quite innovative.

The aging rocker story line was so full of great writing and caustic humor that it alone was worth the price of the movie.

Lifino
November 25th, 2003, 03:36 PM
My wife REALLY wants to see this. I'm thinking of taking her tonight...

BUT, I also heard from some people who saw it last week, that it wasn't all that good. From what I understand the story is made up of several plot lines, and they said it didn't work all that well...

Good to see that some of you do like it though.

juzzza
November 26th, 2003, 04:24 AM
I will put money on you liking it Si, you after all, underneath the sarcasm are a big softy and YOU KNOW IT!!! :D

Lifino
November 26th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Me? Soft? Hmm... I think a tear just came to my eye... I love you man!

///Lifino opens his arms wide. Juzzz moves to give him a friendly hug and when he moves into range Lifino sucker punches him, swings him into a choke hold and tells him he wont be released until he agrees to buy a round of drinks///

So, anyway... Back in the real world. The wife came home lastnight with a bunch of paperwork that she wanted to get done before Thanksgiving weekend... Movie date got dismissed... Very quickly I might add! Perhaps Friday when I get home from work we'll go... It's just such a bad weekend for movies, the crowds take away some of the fun. I just know I'll be sitting behind that group of highschool girls who talk all the way through the movie, and call people on thier cell phones...

Eventually I'll see it, then I'll post my thoughts.

I'm not a fan of Grant or anybody in the cast. Four weddings didn't do much for me either, so I'm not the primary demographic, but I'll be there with the prime audience sitting at my side. Ultimately that's what the chick flick is good at, getting two butts in the seats at a movie that only one butt is interested in...