PDA

View Full Version : What are the movies that made you cry?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Zsinj
November 30th, 2003, 07:40 PM
Okay, we've allready discussed the novels that touched our hearts and made us cry in the fantasy section, now what are the most touching movies you have ever seen?
For me, there's not a lot of them, because it's hard for a movie to impact me as emotionally as a book.
Here's my list:

Signs
The Whole Wide World
Roots
Holes
Conrack
Ghosts of Mississippi
Taken
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Anne of Green Gables (yeah, I know it's a chick flick, and I'm ashamed of myself! :D )
A League of Their Own
The Neverending Story
Old Yeller
Homeward Bound I & II
Ernest Saves Christmas
Glory
North and South
The Patriot
Highlander
Joan of Arc (with Lili Sobieski)
The Messenger
Mrs. Doubtfire
Lonesome Dove
Last of the Mohicans
Braveheart
Dragonheart
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (both the Disney version and the old version weith Scarlett O' Hara. Gods! She was hot back then! :D )
The Dark Crystal
The Shootist
The Back to the Future Trilogy
Daredevil
X-Men I and II
About every Christmas Carol movie ever made, especially the Muppet Christmas Carol (something about those cute, furry little muppets just enhances the poignancy of the whole story :) )
Contact
Hook
The Ten Commandments
King of Kings
Jesus of Nazareth
Star Wars Episode I
Open Range
Wing Commander
The Sixth Sense
Blue Submarine No. 6 (anime)
Metropolis (anime)
Blade II
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
The Thirteenth Warrior
Liar Liar
The Mighty Ducks III
The Hulk
Spider-Man
The Black Robe
First Knight
Excalibur
The Little Princess (the newest one)
Home Alone I & II
Hitler: The Rise of Evil
A Diary of Anne Frank (the newest one)

Man! I guess I ended up listing more movies that touched me than I thought I knew! :D

Oorag
December 1st, 2003, 01:01 AM
Some of the more emotionally charged movies I can remember off the top of my head:

Hero (2002)
Requiem for a Dream
Amelie
Lost in Translation
The Red Balloon
Band of Brothers (mini-series, so sue me)

Bear
December 1st, 2003, 02:34 AM
I haven't cried from a movie yet. I've come close at times, but nothing's brought it all out of me.

But man, Requiem for a Dream was a hard film to watch.

Nevyn
December 1st, 2003, 05:35 AM
Ben Hur !!

Kanin
December 1st, 2003, 08:39 AM
Braveheart

The scene where the English slit Murron's throat while she is tied up and she is desperately looking around for William.

Get's me everytime.:(

Iskaral Pust
December 1st, 2003, 12:54 PM
For me, there's not a lot of them, because it's hard for a movie to impact me as emotionally as a book.
I'd say that's quite a big list. Can I just ask what made you cry in films like Spiderman, Xmen, Blade 2 and Hook?

For me, I can't really think of any, the Shawshank Redemption, Schindler's List, the Pianst and the Lion King have all brought me pretty close.

Evil Agent
December 1st, 2003, 07:00 PM
Wow, Zsinj, that is a huge list! I wanna ask the same thing as Iskaral, though... how did something like Daredevil, Mighty Ducks, or Ernest Saves Christmas make you cry!? :) No offense intended, of course, it just seems a bit unusual of a selection!

Personally, I've gotten quite teary eyed at all the Lord of the Rings films...other tear jerkers include Braveheart, and a few more, but I can't think of them right now. Oh, Whalerider was one too.

Frostmourne
December 3rd, 2003, 07:04 PM
Braveheart.

Also, Godzilla. I watched it when I was 9 and I cried so much when the killed Godzilla.

Zsinj
December 4th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Well, see, I hope you guys don't ostracize me for this, but I'm a big softy.
Here's the reasons why I cried during the movies you asked:

Spiderman: I cried because I was sad seeing Mary Jane's heart get broken when Peter Parker told her he didn't love her. You see, I'm a very emotional kind of guy, and when I see people's hearts get broken, it really gets to me, now I don't watch soppy romances or any crap like that, but when I see this kind of stuff happen in sci-fi, fantasy, action movies, it kind of grabs at me.

X-Men: What caused me to cry in this movie was mostly that I really felt sorry for Rogue in that she couldn't find anyone to fall in love with, because if she did, and she touched them in any physical way, she would kill them or severely injure them, and I found that really sad. I also shed a tear or two seeing Senator Kelly die, because he seemed so heartfelt at the end.

Mighty Ducks III: The thing that cused me to cry in this was the fact that the new coach's little girl was handicapped from a car crash, and the fact that the only reason he was so rough was because he simply had to be to keep from breaking down over his daughter's illness. Plus it was sad when Hans died.

Daredevil: What made me cry about this movie was the whole tragic relationship between Daredevil and Elektra. It just seemed so touching and powerful to me.

Ernest Saves Christmas: I don't remember much about this movie, but I do remember what made me cry was that Santa Claus was treated rather badly in it at points, and I felt rather sorry for the character.

Blade II: What made me cry in this is that Blade's girlfriend died.

Hook: Seeing Peter struggling through hell and back to earn his children's love and confidence back again really got to me, plus the fact that him and Tinkerbelle could never truly be together.

Stewart
December 4th, 2003, 03:40 PM
I can't believe you cried for that stuff! I wouldn't cry if that stuff actually happened to me for heavens sake!