PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking forward to the remake of Battlestar Galactica on the Sci-fi channel?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Stewart
November 30th, 2003, 08:50 PM
I hear a lot of fans of the original show and purists are rather pissed over some of the changes being made, especially two major characters becoming females, but being too young to have seen the original and not being the type to really care about that sort of stuff I think it looks good and like something I'm going to enjoy.

Zsinj
November 30th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Oh, I'm very excited about the new series! BIG Galactica fan here! :D

Cymric
November 30th, 2003, 09:26 PM
I am looking forward to the seris. The original had a great concept but really cheesie and poorly executed. But yeah the new sci-fi seris looks great.

Shehzad
November 30th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Boy, was the old show cheesy. I caught a rerun of it the other day and burst out laughing at various occasions. the new one seems rather well-made, though, and Sci-fi have come up with some decent miniseries recently.

Ouroboros
December 1st, 2003, 07:32 AM
Starbuck as a girl ... it just ain't right I tell ya ...

Calandra
December 1st, 2003, 12:21 PM
God I loved that show back in the 70s! It was so cheesily excellent.

When is the remake on? As I'm in the UK and don't get sci-fi channel, I'll have to get my parents to record it so need some advance warning.

Dominus
December 1st, 2003, 01:26 PM
The first episode airs on Dec. 8th, I believe. I, too, am looking forward to the series, it just looks cool. Have never seen the original though.

Zsinj
December 1st, 2003, 01:30 PM
Starbuck as a girl ... it just ain't right I tell ya ...

LOL! Kind of reminds me of how George Lucas intended Luke Skywalker to be a girl when he first wrote the Star Wars Saga! :D

kansasman
December 1st, 2003, 06:45 PM
Well, according to the trailers on scifi channel website, the new Starbuck is played by Katie Sakoff- who sports a shaggy blond "do," is a cigar smoking, man punching loose cannon. And there are a few different kinds of Cylons: both human-like and robot-like.
Now this I gotta see..!:eek:

Stewart
December 3rd, 2003, 03:51 PM
Really need a new sci-fi thing to watch, with lots of nice explosions and big ol' space battles. Hollywood seems incapable of delivering lately and I have watched the Star Wars series so many times that I think Yoda is following me....