PDA

View Full Version : question

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Calis
December 2nd, 2003, 07:45 AM
When your thinking of a storyline, and your doing something,such as reading, watching TV and something happens in the book/movie, does anyone ever work a scene around that event you saw. not copy it exactly, but maybe imply what happened or take the essence of the storyline of that part?

that prob doesnt make sense.

kassimir funk
December 2nd, 2003, 07:47 AM
nope... doesn't make sense.

:)

What do you mean exactly?

You mean like.... do certain scenes INSPIRE us?

Calis
December 2nd, 2003, 07:58 AM
YES you see a scene and think, something like that would go well in my book?

kassimir funk
December 2nd, 2003, 08:08 AM
Well sure

There's actually a LOT of things that seem to find there way into my own writings.

I tend to favor real life situations more than things I see on screen myself.

kahnovitch
December 2nd, 2003, 08:56 AM
I've had that happen. Particularly when you see or read something and it comes to a real anti-climax and you think to yourself "It would have been SO much better if they had... (insert your idea here)"

E.G the film A.I. I thought the ending was so WEAK and drawn out.
I would have prefered it if Jude Law, the kid and the bear had all run off and found a secret community of outcast robots who were biding their time and preparing for the inevitable fall of man etc.

Something similar to this can be seen in the Animatrix episodes about "The Second Renaissance"

Calis
December 2nd, 2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by kahnovitch
E.G the film A.I. I thought the ending was so WEAK and drawn out.
I would have prefered it if Jude Law, the kid and the bear had all run off and found a secret community of outcast robots who were biding their time and preparing for the inevitable fall of man etc.

You know i havent seen that movie :p

Miriamele
December 2nd, 2003, 08:21 PM
While the stories I write are my own, the core idea I normally start out with comes from an external source. I find inspiration in lots of places: movies, anime, music, mythology and fairy tales.

Often what I start out with isn't a complete idea but more like an image in my head, and mood that goes with it. Sometimes it's just a still image, sometimes it's like a clip from a movie. This type of inspiration normally comes from music. It's like, when I'm listening to a song sometimes I'm making up my own video for it in my head, and that video can turn into a story. Does that make sense? :confused:

Dawnstorm
December 2nd, 2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Miriamele
Does that make sense? :confused:

Makes perfect sense. It's similar for me. :)

Calis
December 3rd, 2003, 12:52 AM
yeh ditto