SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

manticore
December 4th, 2003, 11:58 PM
hello all,
REALLY long time since i last logged in. hopefully some of you remember me...
book's finally coming out next month...posters, etc, are being prepared, even gave a couple of interviews to some major Indian newspapers/magazines...scary stuff.
am having MASSIVE prepublication jitters, as a result of which all work on the sequel has ground to a halt.
wanted to ask the rest of you whose work is out there...ever have that completely mind-numbing feeling that no one is actually going to buy your book?

Calis
December 5th, 2003, 12:03 AM
wow
thats awesome
whats the book called?
i will have to have a look at it for sure.

Jacquin
December 5th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Welcome back! I wish I knew about pre-publication jitters... :(

kahnovitch
December 5th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Look on the bright side mate, there are many others aspiring to what you have done, so firstly, congratulations on your achievements.
I can imagine how it feels though as you've finally broken the barrier between writer and author and now you are wondering if all your work and effort will actually be bought, read and appreciated by others.

Only time will tell, but with some good publicity, artwork, the right distribution network, (i.e. all the stuff the publisher and agent get paid for) I'm sure you'll do just fine, as it's in their interests for your labour of love to sell too.

Best of luck, and remember, whatever happens, don't stop writing.

Calis
December 5th, 2003, 07:45 AM
i hope i get them when i am done on my first.

Holbrook
December 5th, 2003, 01:39 PM
I remember and good luck....

milamber_reborn
December 6th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Nervousness breeds caution, which is good. Just don't stress out. You're on the right path and if you believe in your work and a few important people do to, then there's no need to worry.

Also, I don't think it's uncommon to have trouble pumping out a sequal. Never gets easier if you constantly lift the quality benchmark as any good writer should. Take your time.

Good luck.

manticore
December 6th, 2003, 12:15 AM
thanks all. wish it was coming out in the uk/us/australia, so could really ask you what you thought of it at some point :) but hey, india's a big country...and who knows, uk publication just might happen...

of course i wont stop writing, its what i love best. and yes, the sheer joy of anticipation easily outweighs any jitters i feel.

hope i can keep coming back to this forum regularly...will make a huge effort to log in on s regular basis, i learnt a lot about fantasy here and had loads of fun as well...

the sequels actually coming along ok, but im scared its turning into the matrix reloaded, as in im scared im making the characters just run around from point a to point b and do things, which is simply not enough. but will get that problem fixed in time.

big hello to holbrook, milamber, kahn, good to be back, and hello jimmy, i feel quite new myself, so i cant really welcome you to the forum, but stick around, its good fun.

Calis
December 6th, 2003, 12:36 AM
oh i love it here.

user123
December 10th, 2003, 04:19 AM
I know just what you are going through, when my book got published I was locked up for a month or more. I had a hard time just writing my name I was so keyed-up. But don't worry, it will go away. And the first time you hold your own book in your hands, there's no words to describe the feeling. Good luck and I hope you sell a hundred thousand copies;)