PDA

View Full Version : LOTR: Return of the King discussion (no spoilers)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

fluffy bunny
December 5th, 2003, 08:21 PM
As it worked well last year, it was decided to repeat the process this year.

As many of you know, ROTK's about to be released, and to keep the discussion in one place rather than over 50 threads, 2 stickies will be put up- one for spoilers and one for posts with no spoilers. Other threads put up in the month or so following the release of the film will be closed/deleted/merged with one of the stickies to prevent ROTK drowning the rest of the TV and film section :(

This sticky's where you can give discuss your ROTK experience with the rest of the board, but NO SPOILERS are allowed on this particular thread. Spoilers found in this thread will be deleted without warning. If you want to post spoilers, head on over to the spoiler (http://www.sffworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=182370#post182370) thread.

Ickle Lulu
December 8th, 2003, 03:59 AM
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil Agent
December 8th, 2003, 04:48 PM
What about the thread that was up before this one?

Frostmourne
December 8th, 2003, 06:18 PM
That threads in the past EA, stop living in the past.

Evil Agent
December 9th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Sorry man! I gotta start living in the NOW!

So yeah, ROTK in 8 days! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOO!:D :D :D :D :D

Gildor
December 12th, 2003, 03:34 AM
It came to my attention that the films running time will be 3 hours and 55 minutes long, ( sorry i meant the entire programme, trailers etc ) now this bit of info was supplied when i got tickets from Warner Village over here in the UK, whats interesting is they mentioned there being a 15 minute break, is this just in the UK or is it worldwide?

To me this seems quite a bad idea unless Jackson has wanted this break to occur then he must have prepared the film that way, and if this is something that the cinemas have decided will it create an imbalance when watching the film. Worrying to say the least.

Evil Agent
December 12th, 2003, 09:11 AM
There is definitely one country in Europe that is showing the movie with an intermission. I'm not sure which country, though.
I would rather not have an intermission, but I don't think it's the end of the world.

Otherwise, as far as I've heard the running time is 3h 12m, not 3H 55m.

Frostmourne
December 17th, 2003, 05:41 PM
ARRRG!!!! THATS MORE THAN 1/2 AN HOUR OF LESS LOTR!!!

Btw, if you didn't know, ROTK came out today. Woopie.

Evil Agent
December 18th, 2003, 03:21 PM
IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

I'll say more later, but I was sooooooo happy with it. All I can complain about is all the filmed-but-cut scenes, but those will be in the Extended DVD, so who cares!

Frostmourne
December 26th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Post removed for spam, Frosty.

Hobbit