PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons & Dragons revised editions

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Homesick Alien
December 20th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Are the new revised PH, DMG, and MM worth getting? Are they very different to the previous editions, which, after all, haven't been out that long? Or are Wizards of the Coast just trying to make more money? Ka-ching!!

Nimea
December 21st, 2003, 05:53 AM
You mean the D&D 3.5 edition?
Well, there are some changed rules and some things are done better - but I only have the 3.0 edition and I don't play D&D . . . so I can't really tell you if it is worth it.

Some month ago there was a review on sfsite.com, and I even found it again: here (http://www.sfsite.com/08b/du158.htm).

Hope that helps.

:)

Iskaral Pust
December 21st, 2003, 04:06 PM
Bah, who need these crappy games when the board game is still avaliable and vastly more fun?

Homesick Alien
December 21st, 2003, 04:33 PM
Nimea - thanks so much! The review really helped. Appreciate that.

Out of interest, why do you have the books if you don't play? Just interested?

Iskaral Pust - you need an education, bucko! Or are you too busy playing Monopoly. ;)

Nimea
December 21st, 2003, 04:59 PM
Homesick Alien,
I do play, a lot in fact. Just not D&D anymore - even so I got d20 Modern a few month ago which hopefully will help me make my cyberpunk campaign more lively. ;)
My husband and me own a lot of RPG systems, sometimes we play with them for a short campaign, sometimes it is just interest.

If you want to know what I play: our own system on our own world. :)

And Iskaral: poor boy. :p

Homesick Alien
December 21st, 2003, 05:06 PM
Nimea - I used to play Cyberpunk 2020, but got sick of waiting for the 3rd edition to come out. How many years has it been now!?!? In the past I've also played Shadowrun (so! much! fun!), Ars Magica, Call of Cthulu, Vampire: the Masquerade among others, but it's always been D&D that I've kept going over the years. Usually I referee. Haven't had much time lately to organise anything, but I've got about 5 adeventures planned for a new D&D campaign I want to get into. Now I just have to find a time to play them...

Nimea
December 21st, 2003, 05:33 PM
We tried Cyberpunk 2020 some years ago. Was good.
Now we play Shadowrun - the world is really cool, but the system sucks. Especially if you only play one or two times a year. I am trying to use d20 Modern for Shadowrun to make the game faster, the action more fun and, well, yeah, that's about it. Guess what, I am the GM.

Usually I am a player, my husband is the Gamemaster. We play about every two weeks with two good friends. We are in the middle of a big campaign that started almost two years ago. :)
But I know how it is not to have time for playing . . .

Oh, and we played Vampire, too. Maybe we will play a campaign next year - since the World of Darkness is coming to an end . . . it might be fun, to experience the Apocalypse. ;)

spade
February 8th, 2006, 09:42 AM
i mostly play ad&d and dnd 3.0 and 3.5 but ive played shadowrun 2nd edition and ive been promised i can play vampire sometime soon because it sounds so fun