PDA

View Full Version : I, ROBOT teaser with ROTK

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

didi
December 24th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Did anyone happen to catch the very subtle teaser for I, Robot? It was more like a commercial for a robot - did anyone get that it was associated with the movie? The website is actually pretty cool and has the commercial up - www.irobotnow.com

Did anyone else pick up on that?

Evil Agent
December 24th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Wow, that link is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have to say I'm not looking forward to it, though... Will Smith!?!?!?!? He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT Elijah Bailey...

They should've chosen Chow yun Fat, Denzel Washington, or even freakin' George Clooney.

Shehzad
December 24th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Pretty cool website. HOWEVER, my opinion remains unchanged. See previous, numerous rants for details.

SusF
December 26th, 2003, 05:25 AM
The website looks so very cool, but as for the movie, I'm very afraid of a big budget film about I Robot. But I'll go see it. They did a credible job with Bicentennial Man.

Susan

didi
December 26th, 2003, 12:44 PM
yeah - i'm always skeptical of the studio blockbuster film, but you have to admit, it's pretty cool that they are taking the time to do something a little creative compared to all the other formulaic crap that happens for most big films. . .Most people probably didn't even make the connection - I mean the teaser doesn't even come close to mentioning the film. . .

Shehzad
December 26th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by SusF
The website looks so very cool, but as for the movie, I'm very afraid of a big budget film about I Robot. But I'll go see it. They did a credible job with Bicentennial Man.

Susan

I, personally, thought that The Bicentennial Man was an affront to Asimov's short story.

didi
December 28th, 2003, 12:56 PM
I agree completely about Bicentennial Man. . .it was made, marketed, etc as a huge studio film with all the typical bells and whistles. . .

Hopefully this I, Robot "commercial" is just a taste of the unique things to come and, one can only hope, a solid film that does justice to Asimov's work.

Shehzad
December 31st, 2003, 11:48 AM
Talking about affronts, that Celine Dion song was as blatant an affront as they come.