View Full Version : Golden Globe Nominees

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Frostmourne
January 2nd, 2004, 06:16 PM
I just want to know what everyone thinks is the best of these 5 golden globe nominees for Best Picture (Drama)

P.S. I'm pretty sure LOTR will completly destroy the compitition in this poll, but I'm wondering if theres some people who think that the other movies were better.

Dominus
January 2nd, 2004, 07:07 PM
The judges will be ritually executed if LotR doesn't win, this one win is for all three films together, not just RotK, and anyone who's watched the extras on the extended editions of FotR and TTT can see how much work and pure, unadultered passion was put into these films by everyone who worked on them, and anything less than a win would be a slap in the face in my opinion. And a call for war. An extremely brutal and bloody one.

Bear
January 2nd, 2004, 07:10 PM
Mystic River was a great book, but I haven't seen the movie yet. Of the others, LOTR was far above them. I imagine it was better than Mystic River as well.

Dominus
January 2nd, 2004, 07:15 PM
LOL the same goes for me for Cold Mountain, it was one of only two (The Hobbit being the other) books that I enjoyed throughout my high school reading career. I still remember my favorite line in it too:

She took the easement of the maiden, spinster, and widow.

LOL, I was probably the only one in the entire class who caught the reference, great fun. :D

Oorag
January 2nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
I'm guessing the reference is to the three fates. Don't know any specific story in which they provided comfort though, they usually freaked people out.

Of the movies listed, I've only seen LotR. I rarely like the Academy's or the Globes' choices.

kater
January 2nd, 2004, 08:05 PM
I'd put ROTK up against any previous winner, the pacing is poor but in terms of sheer spectacle I think it has no better.

Frostmourne
January 2nd, 2004, 08:15 PM
I agree kater, the movie itself was spectacular, but how they showed it all could have been improved.

However much I want ROTK to win, I think Cold Mountain will become victorious, its the "Chicago" effect.

Dominus
January 2nd, 2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Oorag
I'm guessing the reference is to the three fates.
Uhmm...nope.

FM, I refuse to consider any other winner, it'd be blasphemous.

Shehzad
January 3rd, 2004, 01:04 AM
Cainists threaten cold, bloody murder if ROTK doesn't win...

It might be appropriate to even quote Caine here...

Iskaral Pust
January 3rd, 2004, 08:15 AM
Wow, this poll made me realise what a crap year for films this has been.