PDA

View Full Version : Megalodon Fiction?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

altaylor
January 5th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Awhile back, I read a science fiction book involving megalodon sharks. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name or author of the book. I remember that the book involved three megalodon sharks, a whale and a collision with a submarine. I know it's not MEG by Steve Alten because I've just read that book recently. In the book I'm trying to trace, the younger megalodon is seriously injured at the end of the book. In their frenzied attack on the younger megalodon, the male and female megalodon parents create a whirlpool. Does anyone know the name and author of this book?

dragondrool
January 8th, 2004, 07:11 PM
There is a sequel to Meg, with more megalodons, but I don't remember if it had the scene you describe or not. It's been at least two or three years since I read it, I think. You might look there. The sequel I read was The Trench. Aparently there's a followup to it called Primal Waters that's coming out this year.

tes777
April 22nd, 2006, 05:37 PM
The book that you are looking for is Extinct by Charles Wilson it came out the same year as Meg from Steve Alten. I found it at amazon.com and it was interesting. A much different read from Meg. Hope this helps.

altaylor
September 2nd, 2007, 12:53 AM
I just read the book Extinct by Wilson. It is interesting but it is not the book I am looking for.