PDA

View Full Version : The crappest movies you saw last year...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ickle Lulu
January 12th, 2004, 04:53 AM
okay, for me it would have to be 'How to lose a guy in ten days'
- had no real plot and was SO predictable...........meant to be a laugh but was, imo, just cringe-worthy.
:p

Calis
January 12th, 2004, 06:45 AM
amazing, a chick who doesnt like a chick flick.

hmm i didnt see a bad one that i cant remember, i always pick good movies. (6th Sense)

Eurytus
January 12th, 2004, 06:52 AM
It depends. If the answer to the question is what is the worst film you have seen at the cinema in 2003 then the answer would be Matrix Reloaded for me, and by quite some way. Although I do not go to see that many films at the cinema so my list is not extensive.
If it includes films seen on DVD then it gets harder. Matrix Reloaded is still probably the most disappointing thing I’ve seen. It could have been so much better.

Actually thinking about it, off the films I’ve seen that were released in 03 then I think it actually probably is Matrix Reloaded that I liked least. Thankfully I avoided things like Dumb and Dumberer.

Morgana the Fey
January 12th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Don't know if it was last year but " Master of Disguise " was quite possibly the worst film of all time with Dana Carvey starring as the worst actor of all time. My kid kept saying at the cinema, Mum it can't get any worse but oh yes it did.
ps, I quite liked How to lose a Guy in ten days
ok I know I know, I'm sad!

Calis
January 12th, 2004, 07:27 AM
surprisingly i saw a lot of movies at the cinema this year, one of my favourites would be Daddy Day Care.

but I never saw anything bad.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre had no real plotline (and apparently far from the real story) but made up fro it in horror and total fruit cake hillbillies

kahnovitch
January 12th, 2004, 08:26 AM
I'm quite picky about films so I tend to avoid anything that doesn't tickle my fancy, but Matrix Reloaded was a HUGE let-down.

I was a big fan of The Matrix and thought is was one of the best movies in ages, but when I walked out of the cinema after Reloaded I just thought WTF was that all about?
Not that I didn't understand what was happening in the film (which was basically sweet FA), but more because it all seemed so pointless and superfluous.
I won't bang on about it, as I've already given it plenty of stick in it's own thread.
Suffice to say, I didn't even bother with the 3rd installment.

Eurytus
January 12th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by kahnovitch

Suffice to say, I didn't even bother with the 3rd installment.
The same thing happened to me. I never got round to Revolutions either.
For me the biggest problem I had with Reloaded was that it flew in the face of the previous film. At the end of The Matrix Neo was pretty much a God within the Matrix. He no longer had to fight. As Morpheus told him about dodging bullets, “soon you won’t have to…”

Now in Reloaded you find that some powers he has kept and some he has seemingly lost. Guess which powers he kept and which he lost.

Well if you thought he kept the powers that looked cool and lost the others then you would be right. So now he can still stop bullets in mid air but he can no longer “kill” agents by “blowing them up”. Now he has to fight them with Kung Fu. Again.
Why? Because it looks cool.

So now we got the Burly Brawl, 10-20 minutes of Playstation 2 footage that Neo could have avoided by flying away after the first Smith clones started to appear. He has to fight the French Guy’s cohorts as they attack him with swords. Quite why swords should work when bullets don’t is a mysterious to me. I guess swords were simply “in” that year.

You have Colonel Sanders dispensing Cookie Fortunes left and right.

There is a whole lot more but perhaps my biggest problem with it was simply that it did not address the things I wanted to see addressed. Like if you freed everyone, took them out of their comfortable (and to them 100% real) life in the Matrix and told them they now had to live in Zion under fear of death by Sentinels then how many people would tell them to F@#k Off. Indeed, how many people would have tried to get back into the Matrix or attacked those that released them? Or refused to believe in this new reality?
I would have like the see the series end with Neo and his buddies destroying the Matrix and then getting killed by all the annoyed people now having to contend with eating recycled food in Zion.

p.s. Oh and the Zion Rave was really silly.

Zsinj
January 12th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Spy Kids III: Game Over
My sister wanted me to take her to see this movie, since she liked the first and second ones so much, so reluctantly I took her. The movie was a complete piece of crap!! It was nothing but a gimmicky 3D mass-marketing ploy. :mad: My sister agreed 100% with me that this movie was a total piece of excrement, and she was really mad. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen such a bad movie since watching the animated version of "Return of the King", and I hope I never do again! **SHUDDER**

Shehzad
January 12th, 2004, 06:09 PM
I personally thought The Hulk was pretty bad... downright atrocious at times. Identity was stupid too. A twist which did nothing but insult the audience. The Tuxedo (was it this year) was atrocious...

I didn't see most of the stinkers, so my worst are probably better than most...

Dawnstorm
January 12th, 2004, 06:32 PM
League of Extraordinairy Gentlemen.

Wish I hadn't seen that...