PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Type/genre of game.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

kahnovitch
January 16th, 2004, 05:29 AM
I don't think this has been done before (has a brief look) so just curious about what games appeal to you most.

For me it's...

1. RTS (real time strategy) like the Total War series.

2. 3rd Person games. Max Payne, Hitman and I would say even those with a more fantasy style like Enclave and Severance.

I like RPG's but they seen to get a little samey, and I loved combat, flight simulations on my old Commy Amiga, but there doesn't seem to be that many around these days.

PS vote for fave two in poll.

Frostmourne
January 16th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Wow, that's hard.

1. Has to be RTS, I play Warcraft almost every day, and other RTS games most of the time.

2. RPGs are fun, leveling up and stuff.

3. FPS, like Tribes 2

Lomar10
January 16th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Most definately RPG's are my favorite. From there it gets a little cloudy. My list would go something like this

1. RPG's--Baldur's Gate, Morrowind

2. Sports

3. Action--Enclave, Blade of Darkness

4. FPS

2-4 can get mixed depending on the game however.

Iskaral Pust
January 16th, 2004, 02:05 PM
I like platformers, cart racers, aventures, puzzles, dancing, rythm beat. Guess that's other then.

Dominus
January 16th, 2004, 02:35 PM
I checked all but the last three, games are fun. :)

milamber_reborn
January 16th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Well, at the moment I'm catching up on a zillion FPS I couldnb't play until my recent upgrade.

I love FIFA.

Hitman 2 is keeping my happy at the moment.

So, probably FPS.

saintjon
January 17th, 2004, 05:50 PM
You left my favourite out. I'm all about turn-based strategies, especially if they have a fantasy setting like Heroes of Might and Magic, Age of Wonders or Final Fantasy Tactics (c'mon, who didn't like Tactics? WHAT A GENRE!)

Bear
January 17th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Give me a good FPS or a good RTS game and an internet connection, and I'll be happy for a really long time.

Iskaral Pust
January 18th, 2004, 03:10 PM
I've thought about this a bit further and realised that the only genre I don't like is FPS, I just can't play them alone. Multi-player is enjoyable enough though.

milamber_reborn
January 18th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Actually, CM4 is probably my fav game at the moment, and UT2003.

So, Spreadsheet Sport Manager and Twitch FPS are my fav genres at the moment.