PDA

View Full Version : And it's on and on and on, it's heaven and hell!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zsinj
January 16th, 2004, 09:00 PM
LOL. I just wanted to give the subject title of this thread an interesting name, so it would be an eye-catcher! :D
Anyway, I happen to be a very big fan of rpg/real time strategy video/computer games and I was wondering if there were any really good ones out there that incorporate the angels vs. demons/ heaven vs. hell -type theme. You know, where you can play on the side of heaven or hell, and command legions of demons or angels. I've seen a couple of games like that, but I can't remember any of their names or really anything about them.
Any help would be dearly appreciated. Thanx! :)

milamber_reborn
January 16th, 2004, 11:04 PM
There was Sim Heaven and Hell years ago, but it's not quite what you're looking for.

Hobbit
January 17th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Thank you for the Black Sabbath reference, Zsinj. :)

Wasn't Black and White like this?

There are a lot of these games around which give the player God-like powers, aren't they? Going back to things like Civilisation and Populous?

But I think you really want a War of the Ring/Command and Conquer type game here?

Hmm. I'll keep thinking.

Hobbit

Zsinj
January 17th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Thank you for the Black Sabbath reference, Zsinj.

Hehe! I knew someone had to recognize that! :D Black Sabbath is one of my all-time favorite bands, but only during the DIO era. I didn't really care for Sabbath in the Ozzy era. IMO, it was DIO who made Sabbath great. DIO's the man! :)

But anyway, back to the topic at hand.

But I think you really want a War of the Ring/Command and Conquer type game here?

Yes, that's basically what I'm looking for.

Oorag
January 21st, 2004, 03:28 AM
There was a game, I think called Afterlife, and I think it was by Lucasarts. It was like a Sim City game where you were building both Heaven and Hell in order to accomodate souls properly. I played the demo, and it wasn't a very good game, but I remember really liking the two in-game songs included in the demo. I've actually tried to look the game up a few years ago in a vain attempt to steal the WAV files.

saintjon
January 25th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Can't go wrong with Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Pick the Inferno or the Castle as your town and you'll be in Christo-medieval heaven (or hell for that matter)

kahnovitch
January 26th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Warrior Kings is an RTS in which you can apparently choose good, evil or industial based races.

Info (http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/zones/previews/aug01/warkings.html)

Enclave is a good 3rd person action RPG where you can choose good or evil missions. Both sides have about 6-7 different characters to choose from, although you start off with only one and "unlock" the others as you successfully complete missions etc.

Black and White is more of a God game (think Populous) and you can choose to be nice or mean to your worshippers. This game is a lot more linear than it's sounds though, as you get bonus magic spells etc for being a benevolent God and pretty much nada for being bad so it's not as open-ended as it appears.