View Full Version : help on book ID

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

confused
January 22nd, 2004, 08:36 AM
hi guys,

can anyone help me identify this series ? It's for young adults, and the third in the series is titled 'Orion' (I think). It's set in England, after some sort of disaster (some sort of climate change ?). An authoritarian regime takes control, and a group of teenagers form a rebellion. The locations alter between gritty inner-city and the country-side. Orion (the constellation) plays an important role in the whole series, forming the emblem of the resistance, and at the end the children manage to communicate with ... something ... associated with Orion. Scenes : the rebels are in the country-side and the government mounts a sneak attack on their base using helicopters. Also, there's a scene in a decrepit church, involving statues of crusaders.

Any help would be really appreciated. It's bugging me !

Clarkesworld
January 24th, 2004, 01:52 AM
I love a good challenge and when stumped me with this one on another board, I kept looking and...

A Quest for Orion by Rosemary Harris (London: Faber and Faber, 1968). It tells of a future world where a brutal totalitarian government has taken over all of Europe and groups of young people form underground resistance groups to defeat them.

I checked with my distributors and it appears to be out of print. I recommend trying abebooks.com. (Haven't looked.)

-Neil

confused
January 26th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Many many thanks :-)

that's the one, all right. Hah, I just checked, and she's the same Rosemary Harris who wrote the semi-Biblical series which started with 'The Moon in the Cloud'. Also good (from what I remember). Thanks again.

Clarkesworld
January 26th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Glad to have been of help!

-Neil