PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Character(s)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Frostmourne
January 24th, 2004, 07:22 AM
The name explains itself, just post your favourite character and tell us why.

Iskaral Pust
January 24th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Link from the Legend of Zelda series. Great because he doesn't really have a character, the player develops him in their minds. He never speaks, but I always find myself filling in what I think he should say, as does everyone who plays the games. It means everyone has a different perception of him. You can't get a better character than one formed from your own imagination.

Asper
January 24th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Minsc (not forgeting Boo of course!):D
Very funny and even better in Baldurs' Gate 2, give him Lilarcor the talking sword and you'll be in stitches for days!

Stewart
January 24th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Squall from FF8. My favorite character from the FF series and any series by far. Many people say FF7 was superior and that FF8 was crap but when you compare the two main characters there is no comparison. Cloud was cool in the sort of total bad a** sort of way but Squall spent the entire game conflicted and fighting himself as well as the enemy. Heh, he also had the coolest weapon the final fantasy series ever produced.

Calis
January 24th, 2004, 05:43 PM
the gunblade sucked.

Sephiroth was my favourite, cool hair, great personality for a bad guy, great weapon and the best bad guy i have ever read about.

Shehzad
January 25th, 2004, 01:15 AM
1. The Nameless One from Planescape: Torment, and with his sidekick Morte the floating skull, things really kick into high gear...

2. Sam and Max from Sam and Max Hit the Road. Amazing.
"-Sam, do you mind me driving?
--Not if you mind me clawing at the dash and shrieking like a cheerleader."

3. Ben from Full Throttle: "Help me, Ben, you're my only hope!"

4. Minsc from Baldur's Gate: "Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"

Stewart
January 25th, 2004, 07:04 AM
To each his own I guess. Sepiroth however was a way better villain than Seifer, much darker and ominous.

saintjon
January 25th, 2004, 03:32 PM
So many good characters these days...

I really love Frog from Crono Trigger.

Kain from Soul Reaver is a pretty awesome protagonist too.

Tommy from Mafia was excellent, totally believable average guy who gets drawn into the mob, too nice for his own good.

If we're talking FF characters I really loved Vivi and Freya from part 9. Freya's whole segment was so sad... what with her home getting destroyed, then finding her long lost love type-guy only to find that he's forgotten her. Vivi's struggle to come to grips with his inhumanity and imminent mortality are pretty good too.

Sephiroth rocked, best FF villain although Kefka was better at tearing sh!t up.

Best Cid of all time was from part 7, which is huge credit to that installment.

milamber_reborn
January 25th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Sam & Max are the best, hands down.

Sam: "Where should I put this thing so that it doesn't hurt anyone we know or care about?"
Max:"Out the window, Sam. There's nobody but strangers out there."

Can't wait until the sequal finally comes out.

http://games.gamespy.com/artwork/20030513_084636_1.jpg

Calis
January 26th, 2004, 01:11 AM
the Prince of Persia - i loved the flips he could do while fighting.

Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell