PDA

View Full Version : Alexander

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Khallandra
February 11th, 2004, 05:34 AM
I've kinda gone Alexander made at the moment and I can't wait for this movie though Colin looks so weird with blond hair. Anywho here's a link to some info:
http://movies.go.com/movies/A/alexander1_2003/index.html

And yes there apparently is another in the making by Baz Lurman too more info: http://www.alexandermovies.tk/

Anyone lese interested or am I alone?

Dallandra
February 18th, 2004, 06:24 AM
I'm definetely gonna go watch it when it comes out!

Iskaral Pust
February 18th, 2004, 12:15 PM
I think Lord of the Rings has really made swords and battle type stuff more mainstream. This year I already know of Alexandria, Troy and Arthur with no doubt others in the pipeline. I'm looking forward to this, but not getting my hopes up.

kahnovitch
February 23rd, 2004, 10:53 AM
"Gladiator", "Master and Commander" and "The Last Samurai", have all shown that there's pots of cash to be made with historical "epic" style films, so I'm not too surprised that there seems to be a spate of them in production at the moment.
However the three films I mentioned were essentially works of fiction set in set in very different eras and locations seperating them nicely from each other.

With two films about Alexander the Great and another about the Trojan War, it seems the next gravy train/genre trend is ready to roll (along with the eyes of all us cynics :rolleyes: )
There are also rumours of "Gladiator 2". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Also the choice of the two Alexanders does make me feel the need to roll eyes one more time; Leo Di Caprio and Colin Farrell?? :rolleyes:

I do wonder if they were chosen for eye-candy/ current male hot-totty appeal? Or if do they really have the ability to play such a role?

I guess we'll have to wait and see....

Iskaral Pust
February 23rd, 2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by kahnovitch

There are also rumours of "Gladiator 2". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No they can't, please tell me it's not true!!!

Also the choice of the two Alexanders does make me feel the need to roll eyes one more time; Leo Di Caprio and Colin Farrell?? :rolleyes:

I do wonder if they were chosen for eye-candy/ current male hot-totty appeal? Or if do they really have the ability to play such a role?

I don't know, Colin Farrell is a good actor. I think everytime the next good looking guy comes along it's assumed that he can't act. The same happened to Brad Pitt.

wolfshead
March 12th, 2004, 04:54 PM
It's Leo I can't stand--heroic / Huh? he looks like a pekinese that's run headfirst into a wall. I thought he'd have made a good orc in LOTR...
i have real reservations about the upcoming Arthur movie too. Typical unhistorical Pc-ness to have a scantily clad butt kicking Guinevere. And when the press release said something about 'Saxon invaders from the North' I cringed! The Saxons aren't Vikings!!!!