PDA

View Full Version : Favourite AI character?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kahnovitch
February 20th, 2004, 05:25 AM
The Doctor Who villain thread got me thinking about AI lifeforms in films/books etc.

Who's your favourite?
I was tempted to say Data from STNG, but it's got to be Kryten from Red Dwarf for me especially in the later episodes when he develops a rather sarcastic sense of humour.
Data's a close second for his occasionally bizarre behaviour when he mucks about with different ways to be more human.

Couldn't think of that many to begin with, but the poll can be edited to add more options later.

Evil Agent
February 20th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I said Data but was tempted to say Hal..

But there are others, especially from books, that I would love to vote for... for example, R. Daneel Olivaw from Asimov's Robot/Foundation novels, or anything from Dan Simmon's Hyperion books which had a Matrix-like computer world.

Archren
February 20th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Thanks EA for mentioning The Matrix - that reminded me of my favorite AI character: the indomitable Mr. Smith!

Nevyn
February 20th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I had to go with Kryten as well ! There really isn't anything to compare with his sense of humour or is that mine ??:confused: :D

Iskaral Pust
February 20th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Yer man from Blade Runner

milamber_reborn
February 21st, 2004, 05:07 AM
The Terminator was good, but Red Dwarf is the best of the lot and Kryten was pretty funny.

Tomsk
February 21st, 2004, 11:06 AM
Kryten is funny but I went for the Terminator because he's so damn scary! And he just kept coming back, and coming back. I take it you mean the first Terminator, Arnie, not the T1000? Terminator 1 is much better than Terminator 2 IMO.

From books it has to be Marvin the Paranoid Android- sheer class! I loved the bit when he was on the matress world, but I don't know what happens after that as I haven't got that far.

kahnovitch
February 23rd, 2004, 04:28 AM
Agent Smith and Roy Batty have been added to the poll.
Great choices btw. I completely forgot about those two probably as Batty was practically human, and Smith developed some very sadistic tendancies.

Evil Agent
February 23rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
I'd like to vote for Smith now, if my vote can be changed.. I guess it probably can't.

kahnovitch
February 24th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Evil Agent
I'd like to vote for Smith now, if my vote can be changed.. I guess it probably can't.

No problemo.

-1 Data

+1 Smith.